Arts Winter Units
|Credit Points||6 credit points|
|Coordinator||Associate Professor Yeoh Seng-Guan|
|Dates||4 - 15 July 2022|
This team-taught intensive unit provides an overview of the salient features constituting contemporary Malaysian society. It also provides a critical understanding of some of the significant innovations, dilemmas, and challenges unfolding in Malaysia in relation to regional and global trends.
Topics covered include domestic politics; economics; social policy & development; literature & the arts; and international relations & security.
On successful completion of the unit, students should be able to:
- articulate the salient socio-cultural, economic and political features of contemporary Malaysian society;
- analyse some of the significant innovations, dilemmas and challenges unfolding in Malaysia;
- evaluate the above issues and debates in the context of regional and global trends;
- communicate research findings conducted in collaboration with peers via a variety of formats.
This intensive unit is team-taught and is delivered through lectures (live and pre-recorded). In lectures, students are introduced to key concepts and issues based on the prescribed readings. In tutorials, students carry out discussions and activities based on the prescribed readings and lectures.
- Open book online MCQs valued at 20%
- Essay (2,500-3,000 words) valued at 50%
- Reflective report on documentaries (1,500-2,000 words) valued at 30%
Students are expected to attend lectures and tutorials, and follows the Faculty rules on absenteeism.
AMU2685 Withdrawal dates
You can do a self enrolment in WES (kindly ensure that you meet the AMU2685 unit pre-requisite before you proceed).
Unit fees deadline
8 July 2022. Please refer to this link for more information on the Monash fee payment methods.
Kindly submit it via Ask.Mira.