Information for commencing students
Information for commencing students October 2018 Intake
Enrolling for the first time with Monash Arts
Welcome to Monash Arts. Congratulations on receiving an offer. Now that you have your offer, you probably have a lot of questions about what you are going to study this year.
Our Course Advice Seesion will provides you with the help and resources you need, so that you can understand your course structure, study what you want and make the most of the options available at Monash University.
School of Arts and Social Sciences Course Advice Session
You're invited to attend a Course Advice Session. You will need to make some important decisions as a new student. Our course advice session will give you the information you need to make your course and unit choices confidently.
- The Course Advice Sessions for October 2018 intake will be held on:
- Thursday, 18 October 2018, 12.30pm - 3.00pm, Room 9-3-08 (Building 9, Level 3, Room 08).
What should I do prior to attending the Course Advice Session?
New students who have accepted the offer will be eligible to register for a Monash IT Account username and password prior to their nominated semester start date. The Monash IT Account provides access to your Monash Portal, Allocate +, Monash Library, Web Enrolment System (WES) and all other Monash secured sites where authentication is needed.
1. Create a Monash IT Account - Monash IT Account
2. Use our online enrolment system, the Web Enrolment System (WES), to:
- Update your postal address and contacts details
- Register an emergency contact person
- Fill in the enrolment questionnaire
Please ensure that you press the "submit" button at the end of the questionnaire and receive a confirmation. The transaction numbers you receive after submitting your "Enrolment Questionnaire" verify that you have completed this requirement. An email will be sent to your Monash email address with the transaction details, including your transaction number.
There are still a couple of things you need to do to prepare for the start of semester
1. Select Your Timetable Preferences: Now that you have enrolled in units, you need to enter your timetable preferences in Allocate
2. Go to Orientation Week: We recommend that you attend the Orientation Day at your home campus. For details, please check http://www.monash.edu.my/
You should make every effort to attend the course advice session for your course. Course advice session will help make your enrolment easier. It also gives you the opportunity to ask questions.