SCI3800 Science Internship
The internship gives you the opportunity to apply your university learning to the work place, providing you with the experience in tailoring your academic-based learning to the needs of an industry-based partner, and to network with potential employers. This will prepare you for work or professional practice by integrating theoretical knowledge with practice. You will learn about the process of applying for employment and good workplace practice. The internship will generally take place during the summer break (8-12 weeks), commencing in December and ending in January/February.
Eligibility to apply
- To be eligible to apply for the science internship, you must be currently enrolled in Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) at Monash University Malaysia and completed at least 96 credit points in your enrolled course.
- You must make sure you are available and committed throughout the time required by the internship you are applying for. Please do not apply if you cannot commit to the time required.
- If you are not enrolled into a course mentioned above, please come and speak with the staff from the School of Science Course Management Office.
How to apply
- Complete Expression of Interest (EOI) form and return the completed form to the School of Science Course Management Office by Friday, 28 July 2017. [EOI form is available at Webdrive or Course Management Office.]
- Wait for a notification email from the Course Management Office (latest by 28 August 2017).
- Apply to companies as approved by unit coordinator. Email email@example.com if you require supporting letter by providing the company name and full address.
Note: Once you are offered a place for the internship, provide a copy of the internship offer letter to the Course Management Office latest by 3 November 2017 and enrol manually to SCI3800. Internship period is from 20 November 2017- 13 January 2018. Oral presentation will be conducted on 18 and 19 January 2018.
Information provided by applicants are collected for the primary purpose of applying for the Science internship. The information provided by the applicants may also be provided to designated company representatives.
You are expected to represent Monash University in a manner that does not compromise the integrity, reputation or relationship of the University and the School of Science with the participating companies, in any way. You must:
- conduct yourself in a professional manner;
- ensure you are present, punctual, and ready to work at the beginning of each day, or at a time arranged by your internship supervisor;
- dress appropriately for the workplace and the type of work being undertaken;- follow directions as given by the internship supervisor;
- diligently keeps a weekly journal (log book) on activities conducted
- be prepared and committed to delivering a presentation and submitting a project report at the end of the internship period (assessment requirement)- immediately advise the participating company and Monash University if any issue or concern arises in the workplace;
- immediately advise the participating company and Monash University of any accident or incident in the workplace;
- advise the participating company if you suffer from a medical condition or disability that may affect your work performance; and
- maintain communication with Monash University.
|Associate Professor Adeline Ting Su Yien|
|SCI3800 Unit Coordinator|
|T: +603 5514 6105|
|Course Management Office|
|School of Science|
|T: +603 5514 6187 / 6120|
Career development and support
If you need help to get your resume or cover letters for internship checked, please contact the Career Center.
|Ms Santhanaletchumi Rajmohan|
|T: +603 5514 6038|
|F: +603 5514 6037|