SCI3800 Science Internship
The internship gives you the opportunity to apply your university learning to the work place, providing you with the experience in tailoring your academic-based learning to the needs of an industry-based partner, and to network with potential employers. This will prepare you for work or professional practice by integrating theoretical knowledge with practice. You will learn about the process of applying for employment and good workplace practice. The internship will generally take place during the summer break (8-12 weeks), commencing middle of November and ending in January.
At least 96 credit points or with permission of the Head of Discipline.
How to apply
- Apply through the google form with details of the companies. List of previous companies is available in the School of Science webdrive (sign in with your Monash Malaysia Network ID). Closing date of application: 6 September 2019.
- You will receive a notification email and supporting letters from the Course Management Office (within 5 days) upon approval from the Unit Coordinator.
- Provide a copy of the offer letter to Unit Coordinator once you received it.
- Submit indemnity form and enrol in SCI3800 by 31 October 2019. International students will need to provide a copy of the student pass and first page of passport if you commence the internship in Malaysia.
- General briefing: Friday 10 May 2019, 1 - 2 pm , Seminar Room 4-8-32
- Pre-departure briefing: Week 3 of Semester 2, 2019 Exam
Note: The internship period is between 25 November 2019 to 31 January 2020. The oral presentation will be conducted on 12 February 2020. Please read more about the assessments and requirements here.
Information provided by applicants are collected for the primary purpose of applying for the Science internship. The information provided by the applicants may also be provided to designated company representatives.
You are expected to represent Monash University in a manner that does not compromise the integrity, reputation or relationship of the University and the School of Science with the participating companies, in any way. You must:
- conduct yourself in a professional manner;
- ensure you are present, punctual, and ready to work at the beginning of each day, or at a time arranged by your internship supervisor;
- dress appropriately for the workplace and the type of work being undertaken;- follow directions as given by the internship supervisor;
- diligently keeps a weekly journal (log book) on activities conducted
- be prepared and committed to delivering a presentation and submitting a project report at the end of the internship period (assessment requirement)- immediately advise the participating company and Monash University if any issue or concern arises in the workplace;
- immediately advise the participating company and Monash University of any accident or incident in the workplace;
- advise the participating company if you suffer from a medical condition or disability that may affect your work performance; and
- maintain communication with Monash University.
|Dr Lee Wai Leng|
|SCI3800 Unit Coordinator|
|T: +603 5514 6098|
|Course Management Office|
|School of Science|
|T: +603 5514 6186 / 6187|
If you need help to get your resume or cover letters for internship checked, please contact the Career Center.
|Ms Santhanaletchumi Rajmohan|
|Manager, Career Services|
|T: +603 5514 6038|
|F: +603 5514 6037|