Chong Yie Kie
Post Doctoral Fellow
School of Science
Secondary: +603 5514 6000
Chong Yie Kie joined Monash University Malaysia as a research fellow in July 2021. She obtained her PhD degree at Osaka University, Japan under the supervision of Prof. Yasuhiro Kajihara in the field of Organic Biochemistry. Her PhD studies focused on the efficient approaches for semisynthesis of homogenous glycoprotein by utilizing bacterial protein expression and chemical synthesis. She is specialised in medicinal and organic synthetic chemistry, protein synthesis and nanomedicine sciences. She is passionate in medicinal chemistry research and would like to discover new therapeutics with the in-silico molecular docking study. Currently, she is working on synthesis of therapeutic hybrid antimicrobials agents using a computer-guided approach.
- Doctoral of Philosophy, Osaka University, 2020
- Master in Medical and Health Science, International Medical University (IMU), 2017
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Chemistry, University Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), 2013
Medicinal chemistry, protein chemistry, organic synthesis and nanomedicine sciences.
Medicinal chemistry, antimicrobial drug discovery, in-silico study and protein science.
- Chong, Y.K., Chandrashekar, DL. Zhao., Kajihara, Y. (2021) Efficient approach for semisynthesis of homogenous glycosyl-interferon- β by utilizing bacterial protein expression and chemical synthesis (Manuscript under preparation).
- Chong, Y.K., Zainol, I., Ng, C.H., & Ooi, I.H. (2019). Miktoarm star polymers nanocarrier: synthesis, characterisation, and in-vitro drug release study. Journal of Polymer Research, 26, 1-15.
- Ing Hong Ooi, Shi Hui Ng, Yie Kie Chong, See Kiat Wong. (2015) Swelling Properties of Poly (N-isopropylacrylamide)/Calcium Alginate Interpenetrating Polymer Network Hydrogel containing Zirconia. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 1;27(9):3489.
- Associate Member, NatioMember of the American Chemical Society - Credential ID: 31874510
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Chemistry (IKM) - Credential ID: 31874510
- IMU Graduate Research Assistantships (2014-2017)
- Kato Asao International Foundation Scholarship Holder (2017-2020)
- Best poster award at 13th Australian Peptide Conference (2019)