Personal Safety Plan
- Location of a most suitable car park. Is the area well lit?
- Where is the nearest Public Transport point?
- Is the entry/exit door I normally use to my office/study area the safest entry or exit to the building?
- What is the safest path for me to use when walking to and from my workplace or lecture/study area?
- Does this pathway have overhanging trees or shrubs which may provide cover for other people?
- Should I use the local campus Security Escort Service, and what are their contact numbers?
- Would I feel comfortable carrying a personal alarm?
- Have I stored the telephone numbers of Campus Security and the local Police Station into my mobile phone (keep handy)?
- If I am confronted in my workplace or study area, is there a natural barrier I can place between me and the other person (eg, desk, counter)
- Do I have anything in my study or work area that could be used as a weapon against me (eg, sticky tape dispenser, pens, rulers, keys)? Where is the best place to store these items?
- What is the most convenient escape route (eg, Exit door from my workplace or study area, or, when I'm walking on campus where is my nearest "Safe Place").
- Do I have a good knowledge of my workplace or study environment (eg, location of toilets or nearest public telephone)?
- Do I have contact telephone numbers of my network of people I can trust, and contact for advice or assistance, should the need arise. (Friends, Relatives, Security Staff).