It’s the way you feel about yourself. It comes from within.
People with low self-esteem
- Have negative thoughts about themselves, both physically and mentally
- See others as better or worse
- Are easily pressured to conform to peers
People with high self-esteem
- Accept themselves, despite their shortcomings, mistakes and disabilities
- Are responsible for their actions
- Do not succumb to peer pressure
How to increase your self-esteem?
- Be assertive
- Learn to like yourself
- Be responsible
- Learn to deal with criticism in positive ways
- Learn to give and receive compliments easily
Make an appointment to see a student counsellor today.