Before heading to Monash University Malaysia, make sure you’ve:
- received your Visa Approval Letter (VAL)
- obtained a Single Entry Visa, as applicable
- booked your flight and have your ticket and passport
- submitted your airport-arrival request form (only available for arrivals at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2) and understand the airport arrival process
- booked and received confirmation of your chosen accommodation
- made copies of all important documents to bring in your hand luggage, including:
- letter of offer from Monash University Malaysia
- Visa Approval Letter
- passport details page
- other formal identification, such as an international driver’s licence and/or home country driver’s licence (optional)
- proof of travel insurance
- International Certificate of Vaccination (Yellow Card), if applicable
It is important to keep these documents with you throughout your stay in Malaysia. We also suggest that you put second copies in your suitcase and leave third copies at home with your family.
There may be additional requirements imposed due to the ongoing Covid restrictions. You are advised to check the Entry Guidelines for New International Students which can be found here as well as the FAQs.
Health check and insurance
Once you have accepted the offer, we will apply medical insurance for you (as required by the Ministry of Education). Upon arrival in Malaysia, you have to undergo and pass the medical screening test within 7 days to get your Student Pass endorsed. So make sure you understand the medical insurance requirements before coming to Malaysia.
Enter your contact details online
Once you receive your Visa Approval Letter, you can begin the enrolment process by entering your details into Monash’s web enrolment system (WES). Use this system to ensure your emergency contact, Malaysia address and telephone numbers are up to date.