You are responsible to renew your student pass before it expires. Kindly note that the Immigration Department of Malaysia penalises students who overstay without a valid pass.
Renew or extend your pass through the International Student Pass office as early as twelve (12) weeks and no later than eight (8) weeks before your current Student Pass expires.
SPECIAL PASS REQUIREMENT (UPDATE)
Effective 1 April 2021, all international students who are in Malaysia are required to hold a valid student pass.
If you are currently in Malaysia:
If your student pass has expired/will be expiring in 30 days, you will need to apply for a Special Pass before 12 April 2021. Special Pass applications may take up to 3 weeks to be processed. Students found to be in Malaysia on an expired pass will be subjected to a penalty/compound imposed by the Immigration Department of Malaysia for RM1,000 or more for each month of overstay.
To process your special pass, please submit the following to International Student Pass office (Counter 22, Finance Counter):
- Your original passport
- A copy of your passport information page and latest student pass page
- One passport-sized photograph (write your name and passport number at the back of your photo)
- A copy of the completed IM12 form (download form here, fill out Sections A and B only)
- A copy of Form A (download form here, fill up your 'Name', 'Gender', 'Nationality', 'Passport number', 'Profession', 'Type of passes' and ‘Expiry date of pass’)
- Make payment of RM100 (see payment methods here) and attach the proof of payment via Finance Helpdesk.
You must drop by on the specified appointment date listed below ONLY to avoid overcrowding and health and safety risks.
If circumstances do not allow you to submit your passport at the below-mentioned date and time, please let us know before 12pm, 7 April 2021.
Appointment date and time:
- If your student ID starts with ‘2’ or ‘30’:
7 April 2021 (Wed), 11.00 am - 12.30 pm OR
8 April 2021 (Thu), 11.00 am - 12.30 pm
- If your student ID starts with ‘31’ or ‘31’:
7 April 2021 (Wed), 2.00 pm - 3.30 pm OR
8 April 2021 (Thu), 2.00 pm - 3.30 pm
- If you are a student at the Clinical School Johor Bahru, please email Fifi.Dolina@monash.edu to make an appointment.
If you are currently in your home country/outside of Malaysia:
- You do not require a Special Pass since you are not in Malaysia.
- You must continuously update your current location by completing this survey form. Please do not reply to this email.
- Please check the Entry Guidelines for procedure and requirements to enter Malaysia.
RENEWING YOUR STUDENT PASS
Fill out this form to start applying for the renewal of your student pass. You will be advised on the submission of hard copy documents for us to certify your document and passport if your renewal application is approved by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. In the event that your renewal application is rejected, we will advise you on the next steps. Please prepare the following documents:
- A copy of your passport page with latest entry stamp into Malaysia
- A passport-sized colour photo with white background (3.5cm x 5cm)
- A copy of passport information page
- A copy of current student pass page
- Research progress report if you’re a research student
- An explanation letter if you did not meet the attendance or WAM requirements.
For undergraduate or postgraduate (by coursework) students, you have to fulfill the following minimum requirements set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to renew your student pass:
- A minimum of 80% attendance rate
- A minimum WAM of 50%
For higher degree by research (HDR) students, you have to fulfill the following minimum requirements set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to renew your student pass:
You have to pay a fee to renew your student pass, which includes the cost of your medical insurance premium and i-Kad. Please submit your passport for endorsement when you are notified by us.
Search for an answer
- View the FAQs on this topic