Renewing your student pass

A Student Pass can last not more than a year. You’re responsible for renewing it if you need to study beyond its expiry date. You should take note - Immigration Department of Malaysia penalises students who overstay.

You should apply to extend your pass through the International Student Pass office at least twelve weeks before your current Student Pass expires. You will need to submit:

  • one copy of all pages of your passport
  • one passport-sized colour photo with blue background (3.5cm x 5cm)
  • one copy of passport information page
  • one copy of current Student Pass page
  • a research progress report if you’re a research student.

You will pay a fee to renew your Student Pass, which includes the cost of your medical insurance premium, i-Kad and multiple entry visa (if needed).  Submit your passport four weeks before your current Student Pass expires or when you are advised to do so.

The renewal process can take up to twelve weeks to complete provided that you fulfilled the minimum requirement set by Immigration/EMGS.

Search for an answer

  • View the FAQs on this topic