You are responsible to renew your student pass before it expires. Kindly note that the Immigration Department of Malaysia penalises students who overstay without a valid pass.
Renew or extend your pass through the International Student Pass office as early as twelve (12) weeks and no later than eight (8) weeks before your current Student Pass expires.
Fill out this form to start applying for the renewal of your student pass. You will be advised on the submission of hard copy documents for us to certify your document and passport if your renewal application is approved by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. In the event that your renewal application is rejected, we will advise you on the next steps. Please prepare the following documents:
- A copy of all pages of your passport
- A passport-sized colour photo with white background (3.5cm x 5cm)
- A copy of passport information page
- A copy of current student pass page
- Research progress report if you’re a research student
- An explanation letter if you did not meet the attendance or WAM requirements.
For undergraduate or postgraduate (by coursework) students, you have to fulfill the following minimum requirements set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to renew your student pass:
- A minimum of 80% attendance rate
- A minimum WAM of 50%
For higher degree by research (HDR) students, you have to fulfill the following minimum requirements set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to renew your student pass:
You have to pay a fee to renew your student pass, which includes the cost of your medical insurance premium and i-Kad. Please submit your passport for endorsement when you are notified by us.
Search for an answer
- View the FAQs on this topic