Transferring from another institution

If you’re an international student, already in Malaysia and transferring to us from another institution, you need to apply for a new Student Pass.  This requirement includes students in the Monash University Foundation Year.

In such cases, you need to provide us with the following documents from your last Malaysian institution of study:

  • an original and a certified copy of your release letter, signed by the institution’s chief executive officer
  • one certified copy of your academic transcript and information on the institution’s grading system (for example, A = 85–100 per cent)
  • one certified true copy of your attendance report and certificate of completion
  • one copy of cancelled Student Pass page.

You also need to provide:

  • Two passport sized colour photographs with white background (3.5cm x 5cm)
  • one certified copy of all pages of your passport, including blank pages
  • one copy of official academic transcript of year 11 and year 12 or equivalent

As part of the Student Pass approval process, you need to have a medical screening at Education Malaysia Global Services appointed clinic.

Please tell us when you apply if you’ve had a medical screening at an approved clinic within six months of applying to transfer to us.

Special Pass for transferring students

If you haven’t obtained a Student Pass in time to start your course, contact our International Student Pass office to get a Special Pass, which is a temporary pass until your Student Pass is approved and endorsed.

To get a Special Pass, you need to:

  • be in Malaysia
  • submit your passport to us
  • pay a RM100 application fee, per application.

It takes about two to three weeks to process Special Pass application.