Financial support for disabled students

Ministry of Education (Malaysia) - Financial support for disabled students

Disabled individuals studying in Higher Education Institutions who are Malaysian citizens, may be eligible to receive financial support in the form of an allowance of RM300 per month and fee subsidy of RM700 per month from the government (through the Ministry of Education – MOE), subject to meeting the requirements and criteria as set by the government.

  1. Students of Higher Education Institutions MUST be registered with the Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat (JKM)/ Social Welfare Department and must be in possession of a Orang Kelainan Upaya (“OKU”) card issued by the same department. Further information can be found at: or
  2. Students who are eligible for the allowance MUST open an account with either Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (BIMB) or CIMB Bank only. The allowance will be credited into this account
  3. Students must provide all necessary documentation to the Student Services Unit:
    • Copy of identification card
    • Copy of JKM card
    • Copy of student ID card
    • Copy of account book issued by Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (BIMB) or CIMB Bank
    • Copy of offer letter to pursue studies
    • Disabled student Financial Assistance Registration Form (OKU) Form
    • Disabled student Fee Payment Assistance Application Form
    • Original invoice issued by the university for current semester
    • Enrolment verification letter from the university (please apply for this document at the Student Services counter)
  4. Allowance from the government will be paid in a lump sum once a semester based on complete documentation received by the MOE.

Information on claims and forms can be obtained at the following Ministry of Education website: (under the sponsorship for higher education section) or

The necessary documentation is to be submitted to the Student Wellbeing and Activities office.