Transferring from another institution
If you’re an international student, already in Malaysia and transferring to us from another institution, you need to apply for a new Student Pass. This requirement includes students in the Monash University Foundation Year.
In such cases, you need to provide us with the following documents from your last Malaysian institution of study:
- an original and a certified copy of your release letter, signed by the institution’s chief executive officer, or an original letter and copy, certifying your status as a student at the institution and the course in which you were enrolled
- two certified copies of your academic transcript and information on the institution’s grading system (for example, A = 85–100 per cent)
- two certified true copies of your attendance report and certificate of completion
- evidence that your Student Pass has been cancelled by your last institution.
You also need to provide:
- four passport-sized colour photographs with blue background (3.5cm x 5cm)
- three certified copies of all pages of your passport, including blank pages
- three certified copies of the highest academic qualification (for example, transcript/results/certificate) achieved in your home country.
As part of the Student Pass approval process, you need to have a health check at a clinic approved by Education Malaysia Global Services, the government agency that handles Student Pass applications and health requirements.
Please tell us when you apply if you’ve had a medical screening at an approved clinic within six months of applying to transfer to us.
Special Pass for transferring students
If you haven’t obtained a Student Pass in time to start your course, contact our International Student Pass unit to get a Special Pass, which is a temporary pass until your Student Pass is approved and endorsed.
To get a Special Pass, you need to:
- be in Malaysia
- submit your passport to us
- pay a RM100 processing fee, per application.
It takes about two weeks to process Special Pass applications.