Master of Arts
KPT/JPT (R/310/7/0010) 03/20 - MQA/SWA0119
Why study a Master of Arts?
This research degree enables you to undertake substantial (30,000-40,000 words) independent research on a chosen topic, while under the supervision of an expert academic. Students often complete the masters by research because they would like to continue on to a PhD.
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Master of Arts.
To apply for the Master of Arts, you must have completed:
- a four year Australian or New Zealand bachelor's degree with an overall result of upper H2B (Second Class Honours Division B, mark of 65-69) or above (normally with a research component in the fourth year), or
- an Australian or New Zealand master's preliminary qualification with a significant research component and with an overall result of upper H2B (mark of 65-69) or above, or
- an Australian or New Zealand coursework master's degree with a significant research component, and with an overall result of upper H2B (mark of 65-69) or above, or
- an Australian or New Zealand research master's degree with an overall result of upper H2B (mark of 65-69) or above, or
- a qualification considered equivalent to one of the above.
The Master of Arts degree can be undertaken over two years of full-time or four years of part-time study. Student can start their candidature at any time of the year.
In 2017, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM40,280 for Malaysian students
- RM44,308 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM 2,840
- Other countries - RM 2,008
You can apply for the Master of Arts at Monash Malaysia throughout the year, subject to availability of supervision.