How to apply
Before you apply to Monash on exchange, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must have:
- completed at least one full year at your home university
- achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 per cent or equivalent
- met our English language requirements.
English language requirements
All students must satisfy Monash University’s minimum English language requirements. The requirements differ depending on the degree level of the units you are applying to study.
View the English language requirements for:
Creating your study plan
Part of the process of applying to Monash is to create a study plan. Your study plan is the list of units you plan to study while on exchange, and forms part of your application. You would need to list the units you want to study on page 4 of your application.
When creating your study plan, you should consider the following:
- Review the study options available to you.
- Select four units that you would like to study, plus an additional four units as a backup. It is common for exchange students to have timetable clashes especially if you are taking units across different year – levels or units offered by different schools.
- Ensure the units selected will be offered at the Malaysia campus and in the particular semester that you will be at Monash Malaysia.
- As an undergraduate student, you can only select 1st, 2nd or 3rd year level units.
- In most cases 4th year and honours units are not available to exchange and study abroad students.
The application process differs depending on whether you are a study abroad or exchange student. As a reference, you will be classified as an exchange student if your home university has an exchange agreement with Monash, otherwise you will be applying as a study abroad student.
Exchange student application process
You will need to apply through your home university as they have an exchange agreement with Monash University. Your home university exchange office will help you complete the Monash Abroad application form for incoming students (pdf, 542.7 kb).
- Semester one (Feb – Jun): October 1
- Semester two (Jul – Nov): March 1
Your exchange program is approved when you receive an offer of admission from Monash Abroad Malaysia. Find out more about the next steps in the application approval process.