Using automated teller machines ATM
When ever using an ATM consider the following tips
- Try to use ATMs within campus. Use external non-campus ATMs during the day. If you must use them at night do not go alone.
- Only use ATMs that are well lit and maintained, where you have clear visibility around you.
- Be aware of people loitering around ATMs
- Know what type of transaction you are going to do before hand. Try to spend as little time as possible at the ATM.
- Do not give out your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone. Memorize it, do not keep a copy of it in your wallet/purse.
- Check to see that the card reading device is secure to the machine, if not contact Police/Bank Security as it may be a skimming machine.
- If you feel someone is watching what you are doing, cancel the transaction and go somewhere else.