Using Public Transport
Consider the tips below when using public transport
- Try to avoid isolated bus stops or train stations.
- Stay away from the edge until the bus or train stops.
- If possible, sit near the driver or in the night safe area of a train.
- If someone is bothering you or harassing you move to another seat and tell the person in a loud voice "PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ME".
- Remain on the bus or train if you are uncomfortable getting off.
- Do not get on the bus or train if you feel uncomfortable getting on.
- Look for Taxi Stands
- Keep Your Belongings with You
- Only Use Easily Identifiable Taxis
- Stick with Metered Taxis
- Check for Door Handles
- Be Wary of Shared Cabs
- Know Emergency Contact Numbers
- Know Where You’re Going
- Avoid Traveling Alone
- Contact Friends & Family
- Pay While in the Cab
- Look Behind You Before Opening the Door