Walking Around Campus
Take the time to walk your entire campus, not just the areas you often go
- Consider the following tips about walking around campus:
- Walk in groups at night.
- Use well lit campus paths and walkways at night.
- Use the campus security escort service or shuttle bus service at night.
- Plan the safest route to your destination before you leave.
- Share you timetable with a trusted friend, room mate or parent.
- Tell a room mate or friend where you are going, and when you are expected to get back.
- If you are being followed, change direction and go to the nearest populated area (a business, a house).
- Walk near the curb away from fences, bushes or other areas of concealment.
- Don't carry your valuables openly, where people can see them.
- Don't overload yourself with bags, books or packages.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- If a motorist stops and asks for directions, keep a safe distance.