Message from Head of School
Welcome to the School of Information Technology at Monash University Malaysia!
The School of Information Technology is an integral part of the Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University, which is ranked 57th and 36th in the world for Engineering and Technology by 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject and by 2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject, respectively.
The Monash program differentiates itself not only by emphasising the fundamentals but also by stressing on practical skills and experience. Our strong links with industries mean that industry based learning opportunities can take on an international significance. Industry experience is a key component embedded in our degree programmes that prepare the students to serve the world better.
You are encouraged to browse our website and learn more about student life at our School and we would be more than delighted to answer your queries.
Professor Anthony Guo
Head of School
School of Information Technology
Who We Are
School of Information Technology was established to cater for the demand in Malaysia and produce highly qualified, knowledgeable and competitive graduates in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems and Information Technology.
Monash is the only university in the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) that has a dedicated faculty in IT. Bachelor of Computer Science at Monash is one of the highest ranked programs offered in Malaysia. Under the dedicated academics with a variety of expertise, the students gain skills required to compete as an IT professional ranging from technical computing to business computing with a wide spread of units taught.
The courses offered at IT has two main blends: Computer Science and Software Engineering at undergraduate level with a choice of optional subjects in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Security. At postgraduate level, our Master’s in Business Information Systems degree program provides a blend of two flavours to the students: IT and Business. Those who are passionate in research have the Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy program to choose between.
Subject and Discipline Rankings
- Ranked #1 in Australia and #57 in the world for Engineering and Technology, Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject, 2018.
- Ranked #36 in the world for Engineering and Technology, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018.
- Ranked in the top 100 in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems, QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018.
University Wide Rankings
- Monash is in the top one per cent of world universities - 80th in the world - according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2018).
- Monash is ranked as the 59th university in the world according to the 2019 QS World University Rankings.
- Monash is ranked 78th in the world according to the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities compiled by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.