First time enrolment: Information for commencing students
Welcome to School of Pharmacy!
Congratulations on the acceptance of the offer.
The orientation program at the School of Pharmacy (SOP) will provide you with the help and guidance you need to better understand your course structure, study what you’re passionate about, and make the most of your time here at Monash University Malaysia.
The staff in the Course Management Office (CMO) at Level 5, Building 2 are available to guide and support you during your time at Monash.
The School of Pharmacy Orientation Program
We highly recommend that you participate in ALL the sessions organised by SOP. The information obtained from these sessions are very important to assist you throughout your course and ensure a smooth transition to the university.
The SOP Orientation program schedule is available in the orientation planner. Refer to the orientation planner for dates, times & venues.
What should I do before attending these sessions?
- Get an overview of your course outline (course structure) here:
- Read the General Studies requirements
- Complete the steps in Let’s Begin website.
- Under Enrolment, you need to enrol all Year One units (both semesters). Kindly ensure that you selected the Malaysia campus for all units. You can refer to the course map for the first year units.
Orientation for New Students
- Opening note by Head of School (HOS)
- Welcome note by Deputy Head of School (Education)
- Pharmacists of the Future - To introduce you to the new Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Briefing on School Policy
- Active Learning Activity - To introduce you to the style of learning undertaken as well as preparing you on how to bet participate in your classes to make the most of your study experience.
- Sharing session by Alumni
- First Year Semester One - Introduction
- Bring your own device (BYOD): specifications
- Calculator guidelines
- Attendance policy
- Please check your Monash email regularly and use your Monash email to correspond with Monash staff. At all times, you must make sure that your correspondence/postal address on WES is correct.