SEACO is not an independent legal entity, therefore, our Board functions as a management committee within the formal structures of Monash University. The Board provides strategic oversight over SEACO operations to enhance the capacity for us to fulfill our Vision and Mission.
Terms of Reference:-
The Board has the following Terms of Reference (TOR):
- Consider an appropriate annual budgets, and reports, and approve operational plans received from the Director of SEACO
- Monitor the performance of SEACO against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which have been approved by the Board, and improve performance through the management;
- Consider reports and recommendations from the Scientific Advisory Group;
- Review strategic and operational recommendations from the Executive Group including:
- Future collaborators, partners, and sponsors of the SEACO Platform.
- Funding opportunities and strategies for cost recovery.
- Policies and guidelines for data sharing, intellectual property and community protection.
- Develop annual reports for the partners, comprising of minutes of all meetings, with an executive summary and observation from the Chairperson.
- Provide an oversight of all compliance issues, including:
- Fiscal management.
- Data security and management.
- The relationship between SEACO partners and collaborators, the government of Malaysia, and the community.