Clinical School Johor Bahru (CSJB)
All Years Three to Five MBBS students will be based at the Clinical School Johor Bahru (CSJB) which is situated at the southern-most point of the Malaysian Peninsula, just across the causeway from Singapore.
CSJB is strategically located right next to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital, a tertiary and referral hospital where the clinical studies will be centred at. The CSJB Phase 2 building, or commonly known as the Monash 1 building, is a four-storey green building designed to reduce the usage of energy, water and other resources. It also provides a pleasant and tranquil environment which is conducive for studying and working. Students get to learn practical clinical skills using state-of-the-art equipment and simulation facilities.
- Pathology Museum, Pathology Resources Centre, Organ Demo Room and pathology lab.
- Two simulation rooms with simulator models that allow students to learn in a realistic, simulated setting of a hospital emergency room.
- Clinical Skills Lab with various equipment for practical classes.
- Skill room for learning baby delivery session and some others scenarios using simulator models.
- Clinical Research Lab for conducting clinical research and patient examination specifically for drug trials research.
- Medical Research Lab
- 12 Problem-Based Learning rooms
- A multipurpose function hall for student activities located at the top floor of the building overlooking the Straits of Johor.
- Multipurpose rooms with sound-proof facilities that can be converted into a ballroom or hall for seminar, conference and also social function.
- The Breakout Terrace with a fantastic view that is conducive for small group discussion.
- Cafetaria located at the lower ground that serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea at reasonable prices.