Surgical Anatomy Review Practical – SARP 2019
Date: 21-22 September 2019 (Saturday-Sunday)
Venue : Monash University Malaysia Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences
(MAPEL Lab, Building 4, Level 3)
Address : Jalan Lagoon Selatan, 47500 Bandar Sunway, Selangor
The Surgical Anatomy Review Practical (SARP) course will introduce participants to key concepts in Surgical and Clinical applications of Anatomy, Pathology and Microbiology relevant to Orthopaedics and General Surgery practice. This popular annual course is suitable for candidates preparing for postgraduate surgical entrance exams such as the Basic Sciences Examination (Orthopaedic Surgery)/OSC Part 1 (run by the College of Surgeons, Academy of Medicine Malaysia) and the intercollegiate Membership examination MRCS Part A (run by the Royal Colleges of Surgeons UK). The SARP course will be useful for young doctors planning a surgical career and involves hands-on practical sessions with anatomical resources including specimens, models, radiographs and software within a technology-enhanced learning lab.
After attending the course, participants are expected to be skilled in:
- Applied Surgical Anatomy including surface marking; core anatomy and clinical correlations of surgically important features of limbs, trunk and head & neck; relevant musculoskeletal & nervous system examination; key radiological & cross-sectional anatomy; common surgical approaches, functional histology and embryological conditions
- Applied Surgical Pathology including principles of general pathology and neoplasia
- Microbiology as applied to surgical practice
- This two-day course will involve the following modules:
-- Module D1: Orthopaedic Surgery topics (Upper & Lower Limbs, Spine)
-- Module D2: General Surgery topics (Head & Neck, Thorax, Abdomen, Pelvis)
- Course format involves masterclasses, practical demonstrations, interactive small group practical exercises, group discussions and hands-on OSPE stations facilitated by experienced tutors.
- Registration includes attendance for respective modules, lunch and tea refreshments, hands-on lab practice sessions, models and cadaveric specimens, WiFi and access to digital resources.
- Fees are to be paid directly to Monash University Malaysia.
- PLEASE COMPLETE AND PAY THROUGH ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM. KINDLY INDICATE REGISTRATION FOR 1 OR 2 DAY COURSE.
- One-Day Course: Module D1 - RM 300; Module D2 - RM 300; Two-Day Course (Combined Modules D1 & D2): RM 530. (Fee inclusive of SST; non-refundable upon registration; certificates will be awarded)
Download E-brochure (with program schedule & info on transportation)
For more information, kindly contact the Organising Chair: Assoc Prof Dr Arkendu Sen at email@example.com
Co-Chair: Assoc Prof Dr Lakshmi