How to apply for the Industry Placement Unit (BEW3110)
Click here to further understand the difference between the two undergraduate industry placement units (BEW3100 Work Placement Program & BEW3110 Work Experience Program).
The application processes for the Work Placement Program and Work Experience Program have four steps.
- Determine if you are eligible.
- Complete the online application form THREE months before you want to start your placement.
- Receive a decision from the School Education Office
- Contact potential employers to apply for work placements
To be eligible for the Work Placement Program (WPP) you must:
- Have already completed the first two years of your degree (equivalent to 96 credit points or 16 units).
- Have a WAM score of 65% (an average of 65% for all units undertaken).
- Have allocated 12 credit points (2 elective units) for this unit in your course map.
- Be available for 40 days (eight weeks) of full time employment
Applications for the Work Placement Program and the Work Experience Program are accepted during the following dates:
Summer Semester 2020 - 2021: 18 September 2020
Semester 1, 2021: to be announced
Semester 2, 2021: to be announced
3. Receive a decision from the School Education Office
Two weeks after the application deadline, you will be notified by the School Education Office if your application is successful and with information about the next steps.
4. Contact potential employers to apply for work placements
You are responsible for applying directly to employers for work placements.