Information for commencing students
Information for students beginning in Semester 2, 2022
Enrolling for the first time with SASS
Welcome to the School of Arts and Social Sciences (SASS) at Monash University Malaysia! Congratulations on receiving your offer. Now that you have it, you probably have a lot of questions about what your journey is going to be like.
The orientation program at the School of Arts & Social Sciences will provide you with the help and guidance you need to better understand your course structure, study what you’re passionate about and make the most of your time here at Monash University Malaysia.
The School of Arts and Social Sciences Orientation Program
We highly recommend that you read through the following steps to begin your journey with SASS. You will need to make some important decisions as a new student and these steps are very important to make sure you have all the information you need to confidently select the right courses and units.
Please refer here for more information on the Orientation details.
SASS Pre-Orientation Sessions
The School of Arts and Social Sciences (SASS) will be organising two drop-in sessions for new commencing students who have any questions or concerns about their course and/or enrolment. However, please be reminded to complete the steps below in sequence before the drop-in sessions.
The details of these sessions are as follows:
24 June 2022, Friday
1:30pm - 2:30pm (GMT+8)
Please click this URL to start or join. https://monash.zoom.us/j/83682276661?pwd=MVZuamV1dUp4Y0lMWktHcncyUStxQT09
Or, go to https://monash.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID: 836 8227 6661 and passcode: 912262
15 July 2022, Friday
1:30pm - 2:30pm (GMT+8)
Please click this URL to start or join. https://monash.zoom.us/j/89978631992?pwd=ZHl6MGlRMWMwVTh5eEczZFJOcEpkZz09
Or, go to https://monash.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID: 899 7863 1992 and passcode: 329945
What should I do to begin my semester?
Please complete each step in the sequence to begin your journey with SASS.
Draw up your own course map by filling up each section in the course map template accordingly as per the step by step guides shown in step 4. Additionally, please note that it is your responsibility as the student to ensure compliance with the unit requirements and that the School can accept no responsibility for any of your errors or omissions.
If you are a credit transfer student, please be informed that it is highly recommended that domestic/international students with credit(s), set up an appointment for a course consultation with the contact person named on the credit letter at least two to three weeks prior to orientation week via AskMira.
If you have any further inquiries, please visit Monash Connect for more information.
|Domestic Students||International Students|
|MPU3183 Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations||MPU3143 Communicative Malay 2|
|MPU3193 Philosophy and Current Issues|
MPU3193 Philosophy and Current Issues
|MPU3212 National Language A|
- Starting in January 2022, the Malaysian Ministry of Education has introduced the new compulsory General Studies subjects to supersede the current compulsory General Studies subjects as a requirement to graduate in Malaysia. All of the units listed above are applicable to all commencing students effective 2022 intake onwards.
- If you have previously completed your SPM Bahasa Melayu during your secondary education and have scored a minimum Credit “C” for the subject, please submit a copy of your SPM Certificate to the MUM Admission Office at email@example.com for credit exemption.
- If you have enrolled, undertook and completed the following MPU U1 units (e.g. MPU3212 Bahasa Kebangsaan A, MPU3193 Philosophy and Current Issues, etc.) in your post-secondary qualification (e.g. Diploma), please fill in the Monash credit application form and submit it together with the MPU unit outline from your previous institution, a photocopy of your academic transcript with the grading scale and the certificate of completion to EMO Arts (2-6-47) latest by week 2 of your commencing semester via the google form.
- Course Progression Plan
- Unit schedules: Arts, Psychology, Business
- Approved Monash General Studies units
- Principal Dates for Monash University Malaysia (2022)
- Arts Business Process
- What is Turnitin
- Disability services
- New to Monash University Malaysia
- Internal Course Transfer
- Special Consideration
- Monash Fee Calculator
- Allocate+ Dates