Information for commencing students
Information for students beginning in Semester 1, 2020
Enrolling for the first time with SASS
Welcome to the Arts and Social Sciences at Monash! Congratulations on receiving an offer. Now that you have it, you probably have a lot of questions about what your journey is going to be like.
The orientation program at the School of Arts & Social Sciences will provide you with the help and guidance you need to better understand your course structure, study what you’re passionate about, and make the most of your time here at Monash University Malaysia.
The School of Arts and Social Sciences Orientation Program
We highly recommend that you read through the following steps to begin your journey with SASS. You will need to make some important decisions as a new student, and these steps are very important to make sure you have all the information you need to confidently select the right courses and units.
Note: Due to the concerns about the novel coronavirus, the schedule for Semester 1, 2020 has changed. The Monash Orientation activities will be delayed to a later date. Kindly refer to the fact sheet for more information.
View the attachments as follow in the link below:
- Diploma of Higher Education Studies_A0503
- Undergraduates_A2006 & A2011
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)_A3701
- Master of Communications and Media Studies_A6003
- MUSA - SASS Introduction
What should I do before attending these sessions?
- Read your course outline here:
- View the following video:
- Read the General Studies requirements
Note: If you have enrolled, undertook and completed the following MPU U1 units (e.g. MPU2213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A) in your post-secondary qualification (e.g. Diploma), kindly fill in the Monash credit application form and submit it together with the MPU unit outline from your previous institution, a photocopy of your academic transcript with the grading scale and the certificate of completion to CMO Arts (2-6-47) latest by week 2 of your commencing semester via the google form.
- Download the course map form here: A6003, A3701, A2006, A2011, A0503 (For DHES and postgraduate students only, kindly skip to No. 7)
- Read the step-by-step guide for course map planning:
- Draw up your own course map. If you have any enquiries about this, it is highly recommended that you email to email@example.com. You may also consult with the course administrator in person at Building 2, Level 6.
Note: It is highly recommended that students with credit transfers set up an appointment for a course map consultation with the contact person named on the credit letter prior to orientation week.
- Read this step-by-step guide on how to enrol on the Web Enrolment System (WES) and allocate your lecture/tutorial slot.
- View this video on how to enrol in General Studies on WES.
- View this video on how to use Allocate+ to create your personal timetable.