2022 Re-enrolment for coursework students

Re-enrolment is a process whereby students select and enrol in units for the following academic year. Students who do not complete their studies in 2021 must re-enrol using the Web Enrolment System (WES) at https://my.monash.edu.au/wes/.

The re-enrolment period for 2022 will start from Monday, 11 October to 26 November 2021. If you don’t re-enrol, you risk losing your place in your course. Contact your Education Management Office to discuss your options if you have any concerns about your study load.

Re-enrolment period

On-time re-enrolment: 11 October 2021 – 26 November 2021

Re-enrol for both semesters or apply for intermission

Late re-enrolment via WES: 27 November  – 10 December 2021

You can still re-enrol but a RM200 late fee will apply. If you do not re-enrol by 10 December 2021 you may lose your place in your course.

After late re-enrolment closes on Friday 10 December (subject to school's approval)

Contact your School to obtain special permission to re-enrol or apply for intermission. If they have a place for you, you’ll be charged a RM200 late re-enrolment fee. If they don’t have a place for you, you’ll be discontinued from your course.

WES access, submission and transaction numbers

  • Log into WES.
  • Contact ITS Help Desk on +60 3 5514 6200 or servicedesk.my@monash.edu if you have problems with your authcate account.
  • You must click on the 'submit enrolment’ button for your unit selections to be processed.
  • Successful unit enrolments will result in a transaction number commencing with ‘U’ being displayed on the screen and emailed to your Monash email account. If you do not receive a transaction number, your unit enrolment has not been successful.

Things to remember when re-enrolling

  • Re-enrol in both semesters or your appropriate teaching period unless you anticipate completing your course at the end of semester one 2022.
  • Use the 2022 handbook to choose units for the whole year that meet your course requirements. You can only enrol in fewer units if you’re completing your course mid-year, or have an approved exception.
  • Check your course requirements (core and elective) by referring to the archived handbook for the year you started your course.
  • If you are in a combined/double degree, complete the re-enrolment for both course components.
  • Re-enrol for semester two 2022 by the dates specified above even if you are on intermission until the end of semester one, 2022.
  • Do not leave re-enrolment until the last day because you may require extra course information or need to contact university staff.

We understand that things may change between now and the start of semester next year, so you can add, discontinue or change units later.

International Students on Student Pass

  • If you're on a student visa, you must enrol in a full-time study load (24 credit points per semester). Otherwise, you may be in breach of your visa conditions and reported to the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
  • Contact your Education Management Office right away if you have any concerns about your study load.

Re-enrolment Conditions

When re-enrolling, it's important to ensure you’re always enrolled to retain your place at Monash. If unsure what to do, see the general advice below.

Academic progress review: Granted conditional enrolment from academic progress reviewRe-enrol: Assume you'll meet the Academic Progress Committee conditions
Academic progress review: Subject to an Academic Progress Committee hearingRe-enrol: Assume you'll be allowed to continue studying
Course transfer: Applying for a course transfer after results releaseRe-enrol: Assume you won't be transferred
Double degree: Doing a double degreeRe-enrol in both areas of study
Intermission: You're taking intermission (study leave) for one semesterIf approved,  re-enrol for the other semester. 
If not yet approved, contact your Education Management Office before the re-enrolment closing date
Special consideration: Applying for special consideration in second semesterRe-enrol: Assume you'll pass the unit/s
Special consideration: Sitting deferred or supplementary exams from second semesterRe-enrol: Assume you'll pass the units
Study abroad or exchange: Applying for study abroad or exchangeRe-enrol as you usually would. If accepted, the  school will change your enrolment before you go overseas
Study abroad or exchange: Current study abroad or exchange studentContact your Education Management Office for advice
Summer semester: Enrolled in summer units that are prerequisitesRe-enrol: Assume you'll pass the units

Pre-requisite requirements

If your re-enrolment takes place prior to the release of results it is assumed when you enter your 2022 unit selection that you have met all the prerequisites for your units or course.

After the results release, be sure to check WES to change any units marked as invalid. Then, select your class activities (lectures, tutorials, etc) using Allocate+.

Intermission, course discontinuation and course transfers

  • Intermission: Once you've started your course, and your first census date has passed, you may be able to apply for study leave. You can apply to take a break of up to 12 months during your course. This can be taken over consecutive semesters or teaching periods, or at different times. Students must complete an intermission application form.
  • Discontinuation: Discuss your decision with your school or from various student support services before discontinuing your course. You may consider applying for intermission instead. Students must complete a course discontinuation application form. International students are required to consult their Education Management Office and International Student Pass Office before submitting your request.
  • Course transfer: Re-enrol in your current course and lodge an application for an Internal Course Transfer. Find out further information on eligibility requirements, application dates and what you need to do to accept the offer from an Internal Course Transfer application.