Step 2: Set your order of unit's preferences Whilst Allocate+ is in Preference Entry Mode, login to Allocate+ and using the timetable created during Step 1, set your preferences and submit it for the relevant activities (e.g. lecture, tutorial, labs etc) associated with your unit enrolment
Step 3: Check your allocated timetable Whilst Allocate+ is in Allocation Adjustment Mode, review your timetable sorted by the system.
You can look up your timetable and sign up for classes using Allocate+
Go to the Allocate+ website. Note: if you are a new student and have just enrolled in your units it may take up to 24 hours for your details to be transferred into Allocate+. For existing students, all changes made to your enrolled units will be immediately transferred into Allocate+.
Click on 'Student'
Enter your Monash IT Account username and password.
On the left hand side of the screen, there will be a list of all your enrolled units by activity group (i.e. lectures, tutorials, labs, computer labs etc) associated to each unit.
Click on each unit link to view all of the available time slots.
Number all of the available slots in order of priority and preference per activity ( 1 is your most preferred slot, 2 is your second preferred slot, etc).
You must nominate at least six (6) preferences if they are available.
Click on 'Save'.
Repeat the same steps for other activity group until you have nominated preferences for all enrolled units.
After you have set all of your unit's preferences, click 'Log Out'.
Some clashes can be resolved by changing your allocation in Allocate+ during the Allocation Adjustment Mode, i.e. selecting alternative tutorials or labs. If alternative slot(s) is unavailable or full, you may need to contact your school for immediate assistance.
Once Allocate+ re-opens in Allocation Adjustment Mode you will be able to check the availability of time slots for each activity group (i.e. lecture, tutorials, labs etc) of your enrolled units and manually allocate the most suitable time slot(s) that is still not full.
Yes, you are strongly advised to check Allocate+ after submitting your preferences for the following reasons:
1. An activity is cancelled or modified by the school during Preference Entry Mode Activity availability may change during the preferences entry period (e.g. new tutorials may be added and previously advised tutorials may be cancelled).
You will not be advised if any activities are cancelled or amended whilst Allocate+ is in Preference Entry mode.
It is recommended that you check the Allocate+ system once a week until the Preference Entry period closes. Refer to Allocate+ Important Dates for details of dates. Should there be changes to activity availability it will be necessary for you to nominate a replacement preference.
2. Edit your existing preferences You can edit your submitted preferences before the Preference Entry Mode closes. For details, please refer to article Enter Preferences in Allocate+.
3. Check your allocated timetable You will have to log in to check your allocations, during Allocation Adjustment Mode.
4. Adjust your allocated timetable You can adjust your allocated timetable if other time slots are still available. For details, please refer to article Change Allocation in Allocate+.
5. An activity is cancelled or modified by the school in Allocation Adjustment Mode Some activities may change whilst Allocate+ is in Allocation Adjustment mode. It is possible that activities to which you have been allocated could be cancelled, which will leave you without allocations for that unit.
6. If an activity is cancelled or amended you will receive an automated email advising you to re-allocate in the system.
If you have a complete timetable, you should remain in your current allocations. The sort process gives you the best possible timetable considering all relevant factors (including your preferences). During allocation adjustment mode, other students may make changes to their timetable. If you monitor Allocate+, you may be able to move to your preferred class if a place becomes available.