Monash University Student Association (MUSA)
The Monash University Student Association (MUSA) is an autonomous and self-governing organisation, run and owned by students. It adds fun and sparkle to life at Monash Malaysia by organising events and workshops and supporting clubs and students. It can arrange a buddy to help you settle in when you first arrive, book you in for a grooming workshop if you need pampering or sign you up for a Monash run if you need a good workout.
With about 40 different clubs and societies across sporting, academic, social, religious, environmental and cultural areas to choose from, it offers plenty of ways to get involved in our campus community.
You can follow the fun on the association’s facebook page or twitter account, @MUSAsays.
The association works with the University’s academic and administrative authorities to protect and promote the interests and welfare of Monash Malaysia students through its activities. It is also responsible for:
- publishing student magazines, including MonGa and other publications
- interpreting the MUSA Constitution
- making recommendations on the allocation of funds to MUSA
The Monash University Postgraduate Association (MUPA) was founded in May 2007 to represent all research and coursework postgraduate students at Monash University Malaysia. It serves as the main channel of communication between postgraduate students and the Unversity authorities with aims to protect, promote and develop the interests and welfare of postgraduate students, by directing activities to meet their needs. It is responsible for:
- facilitating a two-way communication between postgraduate students and the academic/administrative authorities of the University
- providing a forum for postgraduate students to express their needs, concerns, and problems
- providing platforms for postgraduate students from different schools/departments to meet and mingle
The Monash University International Student Services (MUISS) was founded in 2005 to represent the needs of the international student community of Monash University Malaysia. It is responsible for:
- organising programs and activities that cater to international students
- looking after the needs and welfare of international students
- liaising with MUSA with regards to the allocation of funds for events and publications
- publishing the Monash International Magazine (MIMA)
The Clubs and Societies division aims to provide students with a platform to participate in both sports and social activities. It deals with all queries and issues relating to any club or society in Monash University Malaysia. It is also in charge of approving events, booking venues and communicating with the University authorities on behalf of all clubs or societies.