Information for parents
Monash University Malaysia recognises that our students are the focus in our important partnership with parents/guardians.
We have provided key and helpful information for parents which will help you support your child during their studies or in making a decision to study at Monash Malaysia.
Looking for a new opportunity? Perhaps you need to put that finishing touch on your resume. Our career centre can help.
Student pass is mandatory for all international students who wish to pursue his or her studies in any Institution of Higher Learning in Malaysia. This pass is regulated by Jabatan Immigration Malaysia
For information on when you can re-enrol, exam dates, results release and those all important census dates.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Education Management Office in each school advises students on course structure and plan, including the selection and order of units that need to be taken, for specialisation (major), etc.
* Transfers to other institutions should be managed by the student. Monash Malaysia only provides support for transfer within Monash campuses.
Yes, subject to meeting the requirements of the Faculties
- The student leaves Monash Malaysia to study and graduates from the Australian campus
- Tuition fees and all other expenses are paid in Australian Dollars
- Students should plan their course mapping early, before applying for transfer and discuss with the School’s Education Management Office
Further information: Visit Course or Campus Transfer page
Students who wish to transfer to another Monash campus (e.g. Australia) after completing an exchange program will have to start paying fees to the new campus based on the current fee rate for that year.
For example, they commenced their course in 2015 at Monash Malaysia and then transfer to Monash Australia in 2017, they will start paying Monash Australia’s 2017 fees.
The Schools, together with our Employer Engagement team, organise internships, industry placements, field trips, workshops, seminars, talks, fairs, and recruitment opportunities
- For specific course-related internships and field trips, consult respective Schools
Further information available in our Employer Engagement website
We have a team of professional counsellors and an on-campus Health and Wellness Centre available to support students whenever they are experiencing challenges with their health, personal lives or study. These are confidential and free services
For more information see our Counselling and Wellness website or contact the Counsellors at Building 3, Level 1
Safety and security of students, staff and visitors at our University is of paramount importance to us.
- Monash Malaysia is a safe community. We have a proactive approach to personal safety and security. The campus is equipped with electronic security access controls, alarms, CCTV equipment, security personnel
- The campus has 24-hour security and a security hotline +603 5514 6333
- Students are advised on how to ensure personal safety so they can enjoy life outside the campus.
- Sunway Resort City is a fully integrated township, the University vicinity is also monitored by hundreds of CCTVs, security personnel and auxiliary police.
Monash values the privacy of students’ personal information
- We require authorisation from students to release information
- In an emergency, we will contact the next-of-kin
- Emergency contact details need to be up-to-date
For more information, approach the Student Hub counter at Building 3, Level 1
Semester dates and holidays, including important deadlines are available in Principal Dates for Monash Malaysia
The conditions to retain (continue) a scholarship would include meeting a maintenance score and enrolling in a full time study load, among others. The terms and conditions are provided in the scholarship offer letter and are specific for each scholarship.
More information on scholarships are available here.