Internal Course Transfer
You can apply for an internal transfer if you want to transfer:
- from one Monash coursework degree to another, and/or
You can only transfer between the same course level (eg from one bachelor degree to another bachelor degree) and only if you haven't completed your course. If you are completing your current course and wish to enrol in another, you will need to apply by again as a new student.
Masters by research or doctoral degree students should contact their School Research Office transfers.
If you're applying to transfer from Monash Malaysia to an Australian campus and have enquiries, see the contact below.
- Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business and Economics: email@example.com
- Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Technology: email@example.com
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science: email@example.com
- Psychology : firstname.lastname@example.org
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course transfer are:
- being a current Monash student (you must maintain your enrolment)
- meeting the prerequisites for the new course
- performing at an appropriate level in your current course
- successful completion of at least 12 credit points of a Monash University course.
The actual requirements for transfer may be higher
These are set by the Faculty managing the course, including the number of completed credit points required to be considered for a transfer. Check the course transfer requirements carefully, before making an application for a transfer.
Credit for previous studies
If successful, you may be eligible for credit. Credit is awarded only if your previous studies are relevant to the new course.
Application for Semester February 2021
Application dates for semester one 2021
|Application Deadline for International Students||22 December 2020|
|Application Deadline for Malaysian Students||19 February 2021|
|Commencement Date||1 March 2021|
How to Apply
- Check the additional entry requirements for course transfers with the relevant School:
- Any restrictions to transfer considering your current course or location
- Minimum WAM – you'll be able to see your current course and WAM when you apply for a transfer
- Prerequisite units
- Specific documentation to include with your application
- Other Course specific requirements (if any)
- For international Students only
- International students are required to seek advice from the Admissions and Student Pass Office before applying for course transfers
- Please send an email to email@example.com to schedule your appointment with Admissions and Student Pass Office
- Submit an online application for the Course Transfer
- Apply through the ICT online form available here
- Upload all relevant documents
After you Apply
- If successful, you ‘ll receive an offer letter together with a credit letter (if any) via email
- If your course transfer has been declined by the School, you'll be notified the outcome via email.
Accept your Offer
- Submit these documents to us via Finance Helpdesk or directly at the Finance Counter located at Building 2, Level 1 before the offer lapse date as stated in the offer letter :
- Acceptance Form
- Payment Receipt of the Initial Fee Payment (Please refer to the details in your Offer letter)
- International students are required to submit complete documents for the new student pass application to Admissions and Student Pass Office before the offer lapse date.
- Malaysian Students can proceed with enrolment for the new course once they have submitted the acceptance form and payment receipt to us for the new course.
- International students are allowed to enrol once Admissions and Student Pass received complete documents for the student visa application and confirmed the student pass eligibility for the new course.