Bachelor of Science (Honours)
KPT/JPT (R/421/6/0028) 10/20 - MQA/SWA0130
Why study the Bachelor of Science (Honours)?
When you pursue an honours fourth year, you gain analytical and research skills, while building discipline-specific knowledge in your chosen field of expertise. During your honours year, you also participate in seminars, give oral presentations of your research and prepare a thesis. These activities are all stepping stones toward pursuing higher research qualifications in science, such as the Master of Science or Doctor of Philosophy.
Areas of study
Areas of specialisation are:
- Food science and technology
- Medical bioscience
- Medicinal chemistry
- Psychology (*only February intake)
- Tropical environmental biology
The course takes one year of full-time study to complete.
The honours program involves coursework through seminars and a major research project.
- Biotechnology research project (36 points)
- Honours coursework in biotechnology (12 points)
Food science and technology
- Food science and technology research project (36 points)
- Honours coursework in food science and technology (12 points)
- Medicinal chemistry research project (36 points)
- Honours coursework in medicinal chemistry (12 points)
- Medical bioscience research project (36 points)
- Honours coursework in medical bioscience (12 points)
- Psychology honours: Research project (24 points)
- Statistics and research design for professional psychology (6 points)
- Ethical and professional issues in psychology (6 points)
- Psychological assessment (6 points)
Plus one of the following psychology electives (6 points):
- Psychology in society
- Developmental and clinical neuroscience
Tropical Environmental Biology
- Tropical environmental biology research project (36 points)
- Honours coursework in tropical environmental biology (12 points)
The Monash University Handbook has more detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Bachelor of Science (Honours).
Graduates from the Bachelor of Science (Honours) work in areas such as:
- drug and pharmaceutical research
- food processing
- biotechnology product development
- clinical genetics
- environmental consulting
- environmental management.
- completed the requirement for the Bachelor of Science at Monash University or an equivalent degree, and
- obtained a distinction grade average (70 per cent) or above in 24 points of studies in relevant units at level three, and
- met the normal Monash University English language requirements for undergraduate students.
In 2018, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM42,200 for Malaysian students
- RM46,400 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa for new international student
- Visa application fee - RM 2,380
Each year, there are two intake periods (February or July) for the Bachelor of Science (Honours) except for Psychology honours discipline that is only available for February intake.
Applications for credit can include credit transfer for previous study or recognition of prior learning.
For more information about this degree, contact us.