Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences
KPT/JPT (R2/220/6/0014) 01/26 - MQA/SWA0103
Why study the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences?
The world of work is changing rapidly. Employers seek flexible, well-informed graduates who are sophisticated communicators and analytical thinkers. Our graduates from the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences are equipped to apply for positions in a diverse range of fields, from journalism to diplomacy to marketing and public relations.
Monash's art and social sciences degrees encompass a broad collection of specialisations and fields of studying including anthropology, communication and media studies, gender studies, history and political studies, journalism and writing, global studies, and screen studies.
Areas of study
At Monash Malaysia, we currently offer the following majors and minors for this course:
- Film, television, and screen studies
- Global studies
- Gender studies
- Public Relations (minor)
- Writing (minor)
The course takes three years of full-time study to complete.
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences.
Graduates from the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences work in areas such as:
- Journalism, publishing, editing, writing, electronic media, public relations, corporate communications, non-governmental organisations around the world
- Marketing, advertising, business research and analysis
- Management consulting, international trade, human resources, training and development, management and administration
- Diplomacy, foreign affairs, politics
- Tourism, hospitality, entertainment
- Production, direction, management and administration, film, television and video
You will need the following entry scores for the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences:
|Commencing Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY) in 2019/2020*||60%*|
|A Level GCE||7|
|Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education||16|
|Indian School Certificate Examination||60%|
|All India Senior School Certificate Examination||66%|
Please refer to https://priorstudy.monash.edu/prior-study/ to find out the entry score
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB Diploma Program)||25|
|Program Matrikulasi (Matriculation Program), Malaysia||2|
|Ontario Secondary School Diploma||75.4%|
|Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level)||9|
|High School Diploma, Vietnam||8|
|UNSW Foundation Studies||6.5|
|Foundation in Arts, Sunway College||60%|
|Foundation in Science and Technology, Sunway College||60%|
|Diploma of Higher Education Studies (DHES)||50%|
|Monash College Diploma Part 1**||80%**|
|Monash College Diploma Part 2**||50%**|
*The undergraduate entry requirements published are for students who commence the MUFY program in 2019/2020.
**The Monash College Diploma Part 1 and Part 2 entry requirements published are for students commencing their undergraduate destination degree in 2020/2021.
There are no formal prerequisites for the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences.
In 2020, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM37,132 for Malaysian students
- RM42,446 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM3,340 (2 years)
- Other countries - RM2,330 (1 year)
Each year, there are three intake periods for the Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences. This means that you can start in February, July or October.
Applications for credit can include credit transfer for previous study or recognition of prior learning.
- Bachelor of Digital Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Double degree - Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
For more information about this degree, contact us.