Short Term Partner Program
What are short term partner programs?
Study for a short period overseas at one of our partner universities, in either the Monash winter (June-July) or summer (December-February) breaks. These experiences are usually worth between 6 and 12 credits (subject to approval by your course management office), depending on the duration of the program.
How do they work?
You may study a core or an elective unit of your choice abroad that fit into your current Monash course. Transfer of credits back to your degree is subject to approval by your School. The duration of the programs is typically two to four weeks, however it may vary and the programs are often conducted during semester breaks.
After completing a summer or winter school at a partner institution, you will receive an official transcript from your host university showing all the units you completed. In certain cases, the marks issued will either be a pass or fail. Your Monash transcript will only show Satisfied Faculty Requirements (SFR).
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you wish to transfer credits back to your degree, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained School's approval for transfer of credits prior to commencement of the short term partner program. It may not be possible to obtain approval after you have started in the short term program.
Where can I go and what can I learn?
Current summer/winter school options supported by schools:
Summer schools (June/July)
(Expression of Interest deadline: 15 March 2020, unless specified otherwise)
- KEDGE International Summer School (exchange)
- Liverpool International Summer School (limited exchange availability)
- International Summer University at Copenhagen Business School (limited exchange availability) (EOI submission deadline to Monash Abroad: 20 January 2020)
- Leeds International Summer School
- Summer Programme at Nanyang Technological University (limited exchange availability) (EOI submission deadline to Monash Abroad: 20 February 2020)
- Digital Business Master Class at Aalto University School of Business (postgraduate students only)
Winter schools (December/January/February)
(Expression of Interest deadline: 30 August 2020, unless specified otherwise)
- Winter Abroad at Yonsei (study abroad fee-paying basis)
- KEDGE International Winter School (limited exchange availability)
- Psychology at Bergen (limited exchange availability)
- Aarhus BSS Winter School (limited exchange availability)
The above list of options is not exhaustive and will be updated periodically.
You will need to check that the duration of your preferred short term program does not overlap with exam dates in Semester 1 and the commencement (of study period) of Semester 2 at Monash Malaysia. If you are unsure, please check with your course management office on whether your participation in the short term program would affect Monash's course requirements.
How much will it cost?
There are three different participation modes for summer and winter schools. These modes determine how costs and fees are paid. The mode of delivery may also impact how you apply as well as how you are enrolled.
You pay tuition fees to Monash Malaysia for the relevant number of units completed. You will pay all other associated program and administration fees directly to the host. Program costs will vary depending on the duration, destination and host institution.
Not all summer and winter schools have exchange spots available. Therefore, speak to Monash Abroad to clarify the arrangements in place for your preferred program.
You are responsible for paying all associated fees, generally directly to the host institution. For programs in Europe, the USA, and the UK, the tuition fees can often be quite expensive.
Check our Cost and Funding webpage to see if there are any Monash Abroad travel grants available for short term programs to partner universities.
* It is recommended that you finalise travel arrangements (e.g. book flights, accommodation, etc.) only after you have received an official acceptance from the host institution.
Check that you meet the eligibility requirements for overseas short term study:
- 60+ WAM at time of application
- 24 credit points achieved at time of application and 48 credits achieved at time of departure
- you may also be required to meet additional host/partner eligibility requirements
* Please note that the eligibility requirements are subject to change.
Ready to apply?
Application procedures vary depending on the program. Please consult Monash Abroad for specific application advice on your preferred program. You are encouraged to start making enquiries and submit an expression of interest (EOI) to Monash Abroad by the following deadlines:
|Summer school in June or July||January in the year of the intended short term program commencement|
|Winter school in December, January or February||August in the year prior to the intended short term program commencement|
The following is a general overview of what will happen next: