Short-Term Partner Program
What are short-term partner programs?
Study for a short period overseas at one of our partner universities, in either the Monash winter (June-July) or summer (December-February) breaks. These experiences are usually worth between 6 and 12 credits (subject to approval by your course management office), depending on the duration of the program.
How do they work?
You may study a core or an elective unit of your choice (subject to approval by your course management office) abroad that fit into your current Monash course. The duration of the programs is typically two to four weeks, however it may vary and the programs are often conducted during semester breaks.
Where can I go and what can I learn?
Current summer/winter school options supported by schools:
Summer schools (June/July)
- KEDGE International Summer School
- Liverpool International Summer School
- International Summer University at Copenhagen Business School
- Leeds International Summer School
- Digital Business Master Class at Aalto University School of Business (postgraduate students only)
Winter schools (December/January/February)
- Winter Abroad at Yonsei (study abroad fee-paying basis) (applications for 2020 are due September - November 2019)
The above list of options will be updated periodically.
You will need to check that the duration of your preferred short-term program does not overlap with exam dates in Semester 1 and the commencement (of study period) of Semester 2 at Monash Malaysia. If you are unsure, please check with your course management office on whether your participation in the short-term program would affect Monash's course requirements.
How much will it cost?
You pay tuition fees to Monash Malaysia for the relevant number of units completed. You will pay all other associated program and administration fees directly to the host. Program costs will vary depending on the duration, destination and host institution.
In certain cases, program fee waiver may be available. Speak to Monash Abroad to clarify the arrangements in place for your preferred program.
You can also check our travel scholarships webpage to see if there are any grants available for short-term programs to partner universities.
* It is recommended that you finalise travel arrangements (e.g. book flights, accommodation, etc.) only after you have received an official acceptance from the host institution.
Check that you meet the eligibility requirements for overseas short term study:
- 60+ WAM at time of application
- 24 credit points achieved at time of application and 48 credits achieved at time of departure
- you may also be required to meet additional host/partner eligibility requirements
* Please note that the eligibility requirements are subject to change.
Ready to apply?
Application procedures vary depending on the program. Please consult Monash Abroad for specific application advice on your preferred program. You are encouraged to start making enquiries and submit an expression of interest to Monash Abroad by the following deadlines:
|Summer school in June or July||January in the year of the intended short-term program commencement|
|Winter school in December, January or February||August in the year prior to the intended short-term program commencement|