What to Expect
- This service is only available for currently enrolled Monash University Malaysia (MUM) and exchange students to MUM.
- It is free of charge.
- No other requirements are needed.
Registration and Informed Consent
- It is important that you make an appointment and fill in the Counselling Registration and Self-Assessment Form before starting any sessions.
- Submission of this form signifies your consent to your chosen counsellor/psychologist to begin confidential sessions.
- You may only see one counsellor/psychologist at a time.
- You may choose to see a different counsellor/psychologist only after termination with your first practitioner.
- Only in exceptional circumstances such as needing assessments or Disability Support Services (DSS) are you allowed to consult a counsellor and psychologist at the same time.
- You are only allowed to book one appointment at a time.
- There is a current restriction of 8 sessions per 6 months. More sessions can be given upon discussion and agreement with your counsellor/psychologist.
Supporting Letter, Psychological Reports and Disability Support Services (DSS)
- Issuance is only for students who have seen counsellor/psychologist on a regular basis for 3 or more sessions and/or have completed the assessment process.
- Upon registration, all sessions are treated with confidentiality.
- Breaking of confidentiality is only done in 3 specific conditions.
Please discuss any of the above with your counsellor/psychologist if you have further questions.
Go here to read more about the counsellors and psychologists and book an appointment via online calendar.