After Your Studies
Now that you have completed your course, your student pass must be cancelled* before you leave the University. Failure to comply with this procedure will result in the University notifying the authorities: Police, Ministry of Higher Education, the respective Embassy/High Commission and the Immigration Department of Malaysia. This may affect your future application for a new student pass or other passes with the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
*This process is also applicable if you are going on intermission, discontinuing or moving to another Malaysian institution for your studies.
Please complete this form and submit the following documents to the International Student Pass Office at Building 2, Level 1:
- Original passport;
- Two copies of the passport information pages, current student pass page and latest Malaysian entry stamp page;
- A copy of your departing air ticket to your home country (ensure departure date is four weeks from the date of submission of your complete documents and passport to ISP). If you are not returning to your home country, you will need to provide additional documents to justify (e.g. parents' employment pass or residence permit of the destination country).
- Make payment for the cancellation of the student pass fee of RM53 and submit the proof of payment at the Finance Helpdesk.
- Optional: If you are moving to another Malaysian institution, you will need to provide these additional documents to ISP from the new institution:
- Offer letter
- Evidence of a student pass application lodged (It can be obtained here).
Effective December 2020, if you are converting your student pass to an employment pass, you must exit Malaysia after cancelling your student pass.
Do you have more questions? Fret not, we have a collection of frequently asked questions here.