Student pass

All international students need a Student Pass (Visa) to study in Malaysia. The Immigration Department of Malaysia issues and regulates the passes. Monash University does not have the authority to approve or reject your student pass application. The Student Pass can last for one (1) year or more depending on your application. You have to ensure your student pass is valid and renewed on time during your studies in Monash University Malaysia.

For a summary of your obligations as an international student and Student Pass holder, please check out our immigration regulations page.

Entry guidelines and quarantine process for current students impacted by Covid-19 restrictions

If you have an existing Student Pass that is valid or expired (from 1 February 2020 onward only), refer to the Entry Guidelines and Quarantine Process if you wish to return to Malaysia.

These guidelines for entry and quarantine may change without notice and are subject to updates from the Government of Malaysia. Kindly refer to the Education Malaysia Global Services for the latest updated information.

New international students who have accepted offers and applied for Student Pass but have not received a Visa Approval Letter (eVAL) cannot enter Malaysia until further notice by the Government of Malaysia.