M-Pass ID cards

All Monash students are issued with an M-Pass (ID) card, which is valid for the duration of your course.

  • New students will receive their M-Pass ID card in Orientation Week when they first commence
  • International students are required to have a current Student Pass endorsement before Monash University Malaysia Campus can issue an M-Pass ID card
  • The M-Pass ID card must be carried at all times within the campus, shown or surrendered on demand by authorised staff
  • M-Pass ID cards remain the property of the Monash University Malaysia Campus and are not transferable

Using your M-Pass card

Your M-Pass ID cards are used for the following purposes:

  • As a form of identification by Monash University Malaysia Campus staff at their request when you make an enquiry at a service counter
  • Using library and learning commons services and facilities, such as to add credits to printing balances and to print documents
  • Entry to an examination room, as your M-Pass card must be displayed at all time-tabled examinations
  • Permitted 'smart card' purposes, such as building and room access where authorised

New-to-course students

M-Pass ID cards are issued to newly commencing students in Orientation Week as part of the enrolment process.

To be issued with an M-Pass ID card, you will be required to have:

  • all necessary governmental permissions to enrol and commence classes
  • completed the Course Enrolment process with your School
  • completed the Enrolment Questionnaire online and updated your emergency contact details at Web Enrolment System (WES)
  • present ALL of the following to the staff at the Student Administration Services Counter for verification purposes:

1) transaction number for successful completion of the Enrolment Questionnaire page from WES

2) NRIC/passport

Returning students

  • M-Pass ID cards are valid for the duration of your course (with a maximum of 5 years) and do not need to be updated each year
  • If your M-Pass ID card has expired before you complete the course, you will have to apply for a replacement card at the Student Administration Services counter. You will not be charged for the renewal of ID card.

Replacement cards

  • Damaged, lost or stolen cards can be replaced
  • Lost cards should be reported to the Student Administration Services Counter and the Library immediately, to prevent someone borrowing books in your name
  • Apply for a replacement card at the Student Administration Services Counter, Building C2, Level 2
  • Photographic identification (eg. NRIC, driver's licence or passport) must be presented with your application form and payment of a replacement fee.

How to Apply

Current students who wish to apply for a lost/stolen replacement card may submit their request by:

  1. online (lost/stolen cards only – please log in with your network account)
  2. in person - a completed application form along with the payment receipt to Student Services counter.