M-Pass ID cards
All Monash students are issued with an M-Pass (ID) card, which is valid for the duration of your course.
- New students will receive their M-Pass ID card in Orientation Week when they first commence
- International students are required to have a current Student Pass endorsement before Monash University Malaysia Campus can issue an M-Pass ID card
- The M-Pass ID card must be carried at all times within the campus, shown or surrendered on demand by authorised staff
- M-Pass ID cards remain the property of the Monash University Malaysia Campus and are not transferable
Using your M-Pass card
Your M-Pass ID cards are used for the following purposes:
- As a form of identification by Monash University Malaysia Campus staff at their request when you make an enquiry at a service counter
- Using library and learning commons services and facilities, such as to add credits to printing balances and to print documents
- Entry to an examination room, as your M-Pass card must be displayed at all time-tabled examinations
- Permitted 'smart card' purposes, such as building and room access where authorised
M-Pass ID cards are issued to newly commencing students in Orientation Week as part of the enrolment process.
To be issued with an M-Pass ID card, you will be required to have:
- all necessary governmental permissions to enrol and commence classes
- completed the Course Enrolment process with your School
- completed the Enrolment Questionnaire online and updated your emergency contact details at Web Enrolment System (WES)
- present ALL of the following to the staff at the Student Administration Services Counter for verification purposes:
1) transaction number for successful completion of the Enrolment Questionnaire page from WES
- M-Pass ID cards are valid for the duration of your course (with a maximum of 5 years) and do not need to be updated each year
- If your M-Pass ID card has expired before you complete the course, you will have to apply for a replacement card at the Student Administration Services counter. You will not be charged for the renewal of ID card.
- Damaged, lost or stolen cards can be replaced
- Lost cards should be reported to the Student Administration Services Counter and the Library immediately, to prevent someone borrowing books in your name
- Apply for a replacement card at the Student Administration Services Counter, Building C2, Level 2
- Photographic identification (eg. NRIC, driver's licence or passport) must be presented with your application form and payment of a replacement fee.
How to Apply
Current students who wish to apply for a lost/stolen replacement card may submit their request by: