Students who are carers
Monash Malaysia also provides support to students who are carers of a person who is aged and frail or has a disability, medical or mental health condition. In order to get the support and advice, you must first register with us as a carer.
- The Carer Registration form must be filled up by an independent qualified health professional who has experience in the relevant field, such as a Psychiatrist, General Practitioner, Physiotherapist, Educational Psychologist, Audiologist etc.
- Email the form to us at email@example.com
- You will be given a link to book an appointment with a Disability Support Services officer in MUA.
- The officer from MUA will review all information provided by you and discuss the recommended adjustments and support required by you.
- Services and support will be provided as discussed and agreed.
Definition of carer
To register, you need to be a person who provides personal care, support and assistance to another person who needs it because that other person has a disability, medical condition, mental health condition or is aged and frail, and that person is substantially dependent on you for ongoing care.
You may also provide other supporting documents. If you're providing a letter from the health professional instead of using the form, it should include:
- information about the condition of the person you're caring for
- whether their condition is permanent, fluctuating or temporary
- a statement describing the care for which the person depends on you
- how your study may be impacted by these caring responsibilities.
If you need more information on providing documents, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.