Rankings and recognitions
Monash Engineering is the HIGHEST ranked program offered in Malaysia.
The School of Engineering was rated TIER 5 (Excellent) in D-SETARA Engineering by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
According to the QS World University Subject Rankings 2019, our position is as below:
- Chemical Engineering ranked 29th
- Civil Engineering ranked 30th
- Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering ranked 51 - 100th
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering ranked 51 - 100th
As Australia is a signatory to the Washington Accord, this enables Monash Engineering graduates to work in any country in the world which is also a signatory to the Accord, without the need to re-qualify. For more information about the Washington Accord and a list of signatories visit http://www.ieagreements.org/accords/washington/
Monash University Malaysia has also been given the Self Accreditation Status by the Ministry of Education (MoE) through the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Programs offered at the School of Engineering are accredited by Monash University and recognised by the following organisations:
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), Australia (https://www.teqsa.gov.au/)
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) (www.mqa.gov.my)
- Engineering Accreditation Council of Malaysia (EAC) (www.eac.org.my)
- Engineers Australia Accreditation Board (www.engineersaustralia.org.au)
- Public Services Department of Malaysia (JPA) (www.jpa.gov.my)