In order to fulfill the requirements of the degree regulations, and the expectations of Engineers Australia and the Institution of Engineers Malaysia, all engineering students must complete twelve weeks of approved engineering work experience and submit a written report detailing the experience. The industrial training must be completed before the degree can be conferred and it is undertaken during the summer vacation (mid-November to February), after completing three years (5 semesters) of studies and before complete academic studies.
The duration of the industrial training is 12 weeks of continuous training with minimum 120 credit points. Students are NOT allowed to do partially as previous years.
The Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) also requires that students undergo the industrial training BEFORE they complete their academic studies. Students must complete 12 weeks of industrial training to be eligible to graduate. Students at the Malaysia campus must undertake their industrial training in an industry based environment. As such, Malaysia campus students undertaking research work in the university environment cannot be considered as having met the requirements of the Malaysian Engineering Accreditation Council. This also applies to Malaysia campus students undertaking their inter-campus exchange at Clayton campus.
In preparation for the industrial training, students are strongly encouraged to:
- Download a copy of Industrial Training Guidelines from Moodle.
- Attend the Industrial Training Briefing specially conducted for engineering students in August each year.
- Industrial training during Covid-19, click here to view the guidelines.
- Consult the respective Industrial Training Advisors should there be any queries:
- Chemical Engineering – Dr Lee Chern Leing
- Civil Engineering – Dr Susilawati
- Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering – Dr Patrick Ho
- Mechanical Engineering - Dr Wang Xin
- Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering - Dr Veera Ragavan
- Software Engineering - Dr Lim Mei Kuan
- Apply for recommendation letter. Kindly take note the recommendation letter will be ready in 3 working days. The collection of the recommendation letters will be every Tuesday and Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm. Should you not receive any email confirmation, kindly see Ms Mageswari at Engineering Course Management Office at Room 5-4-03 (Building 5, Level 4).
If your company is interested in offering an internship, please email Ms Mageswari Vadarajoo at email@example.com or Ms Amal Rusyda at firstname.lastname@example.org from the Course Management Office (Building 5, Level 4).