For returning students, in each year that you continue your studies you will be required to re-enrol via Web Enrolment System (WES).
To do this you must select and enrol into units for the following academic year within the designated re-enrolment period in October/November.
Find out more below:
Re-enrolment is a process whereby students select and enrol in units for the following academic year. Students who do not complete their studies in 2018 must re-enrol using the Web Enrolment System (WES) at https://my.monash.edu.au/wes/.
The re-enrolment and intermission period request for 2019 will begin on Monday, 8 October 2018 12:00am (Australian Eastern Daylight time, AEDT). Failure to comply with these instructions may result in you losing your place in your course. Contact your School before the closing date if you have any concerns.
|On-time re-enrolment: 8 October 2018 – 28 November 2018 (11.59pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)||Re-enrol for both semesters or apply for intermission|
|Late re-enrolment via WES: 29 November 2018 – 7 December 2018||You can still re-enrol but a RM200 late fee will apply. If you do not re-enrol by 7 December 2018 you may lose your place in your course and also be barred from accessing WES.|
|Very late re-enrolment: After 7 December 2018 (subject to school's approval)||Contact your School to obtain permission for re-enrolment. If you are permitted to re-enrol you will incur a RM200 late fee. If your School does not have a place for you, your course may be discontinued.|
WES access, submission and transaction numbers
- Use your student authcate username and password to access WES.
- You must click on the 'submit enrolment’ button for your unit selections to be processed.
- Successful unit enrolments will result in a transaction number commencing with ‘U’ being displayed on the screen and emailed to your Monash email account. If you do not receive a transaction number, your unit enrolment has not been successful.
Things to remember when re-enrolling
- re-enrol in both semesters or your appropriate teaching period unless you anticipate completing your course at the end of semester one 2019.
- obtain handbook information via http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/handbooks/.
- if you do not re-enrol or apply for intermission for both semesters you may have an administrative encumbrance placed on your student record in November this year and you will not receive your semester two results.
- complete the re-enrolment for both course components if you are in a combined/double degree.
- re-enrol for semester two 2019 by the dates specified above even if you are on intermission until the end of semester one, 2019.
- do not leave re-enrolment until the last day because you may require extra course information or need to contact university staff.
International Students on Student Pass
- If you do not enrol in 24 credit points in both semesters you may be in breach of your student pass requirements and may be reported to the Department of Immigration Malaysia. You must discuss the possibility of an under load (enrolment in less than 24 credit points per semester) with your School.
If any of the following conditions apply, you must still re-enrol:
|Doing a double degree||Re-enrol in both areas of study.|
|Returning from study leave (intermission) during semester one||Re-enrol for semester two only.|
|Applying for study leave for one semester - either semester one or semester two||If approved: Re-enrol for the other semester.|
If not approved: Contact your school before the re-enrolment closing date.
|Applying for special consideration in semester two||Re-enrol assuming you will pass the unit.|
|Applying for study abroad or exchange for 2019||Re-enrol as you usually would. If accepted, the School/Faculty will change your enrolment before you go overseas.|
|Current study abroad or exchange students||Contact your managing School/Faculty for advice.|
|Subject to academic performance review||Re-enrol assuming you will successfully appeal the decision.|
|Enrolled in summer units that are pre-requisites||Re-enrol assuming you will pass these units.|
|Applying for internal course transfer after results release||Re-enrol assuming you will not be transferred.|
|Conditional enrolment from academic progress review||Re-enrol assuming you will meet the Academic Progress Committee conditions.|
|Sitting special or deferred exams||Re-enrol assuming you will pass these units.|
If your re-enrolment takes place prior to the release of results it is assumed when you enter your 2019 unit selection that you have met all the prerequisites for your units or course. However, if you fail to meet the prerequisites after results are released, you must amend your enrolment via WES between 3 and 7 December 2018. Contact your School if you require assistance with the selection of units.
Intermission, course discontinuation and course transfers
- Intermission: Students must complete a hardcopy intermission application form which is available at the school’s Course Management Office.
- Discontinuation: discuss your decision with your school or from various student support services before discontinuing your course. You may consider applying for intermission instead. Students must complete a hardcopy course discontinuation application form, available from the Student Administration Service counter for Malaysian students or International Student Pass Unit for International students.
- Course transfer: re-enrol in your current course and lodge an application for internal course/campus transfer with the School/Faculty offering the course. Internal course transfer applications are considered at the same time as those from new applicants. Pending the outcome of your application you should retain your enrolment in your current course
Search for an answer
- View the FAQs on this topic