Summer Semester Enrolment 2018/2019
Science Summer units available at Monash Malaysia Campus
Summer semester for the School of Science officially run between 19 November 2018 to 15 February 2019 (subject to change). Please refer to the table below for the Science units offered at Malaysia campus during summer semester 2018/2019.
|Unit code||Summer Semester||Offering period||Enrolment closing date||Unit Coordinator|
The sustainable planet
|SSA (Day)||28/11/2018 to 18/1/2019||16/11/2018||Dr. Foo Su Chern|
TIMETABLE (updated on 29/8/2018)
Science in action research project
|SSA (Day)||19/11/2018 to 8/2/2019||16/11/2018||Dr. Thoo Yin Yin|
SUMMER RESEARCH TOPICS (updated on 7/9/2018)
Food Science internship
|SSA (Day)||19/11/2018 to 8/2/2019||16/11/2018||A.P Siow Lee Fong||Only for students enrolled in course code 4702 and S2009|
Medical bioscience internship
|SSA (Day)||19/11/2018 to 23/2/2019||16/11/2018||A.P Song Keang Peng||Only for students enrolled in course code 4701 and S2008|
|SSA (Day)||19/11/2018 to 22/2/2019||16/11/2018||Dr. Lee Wai Leng||Only for students enrolled in course code S2000|
* Timetable will be updated from time to time. Although the Faculty will try at best to avoid any changes, it is student's responsibility to check the timetable amendments.
** Permission of the Head of School plus students must have approval of project and supervisor prior to enrolment. In addition, students must pass 24 points of second level studies with a distinction average including a minimum of 12 points in the discipline directly relevant to the project.
IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to confirm that any summer semester units completed will count towards your current degree and that you have met any prerequisite requirements. If you have any queries you should contact your managing faculty before enrolling in the summer unit.
How to apply
- Monash University Malaysia students
- Monash University Australia and South Africa students
- Non-Monash University students
You can commence enrolling into science summer units from 3 September 2018. Web enrolment for summer semester is NOT available. All enrolments have to be done manually at the Course Management Office, School of Science (Building 4, Level 8). You must ensure that you have met the prerequisites and approval is dependent on the availability of appropriate supervision and resources.
Please note that enrolments are limited.
- Step 1: Complete the Enrolment Amendment Form and/ or a ‘Permission To Enrol In A Science Research Project / Special Topics Unit’ form.
- Step 2: Seek permission from the Supervisor and Unit Coordinator to enrol in the science research project units.
- Step 3: Submit the completed Enrolment Amendment Form and/ or ‘Permission To Enrol In A Science Research Project / Special Topics Unit’ form to Course Management Office, School of Science (Building 4, Level 8) for final consideration.
- Step 4: Check WES to see if your enrolment for the science summer unit is successful.
- Step 5: If enrolment is successful, obtain your fee invoice from fee calculator. You are required to make payment by 16 November 2018. Your summer enrolment will be automatically discontinued if payment is not received by the specified date.
You must seek course advice and faculty approval from your home campus for unit(s) you wish to enrol at Malaysia campus to ensure no disruptions to your course progression.
- Step 1: Before applying for the program, arrange an appointment with your Faculty course adviser to confirm your eligibility via a course progression check and obtain their approval for you to complete the unit. Each Faculty has its own program approval process, so be sure to read the details pertaining to your faculty on your faculty contacts page prior to booking an appointment.
- Step 2: If your Faculty confirms your eligibility and provides you with the approval, complete the Summer at Monash Application Form. If you are applying for SCI3990, you will also need to complete the ‘Permission To Enrol In A Science Research Project / Special Topics Unit’ form. Forward a copy of your Faculty approval documentation (i.e approved course progression check), your completed Summer at Monash Malaysia Application Form and Permission to Enrol in A Science Research Project/Special Topic (SCI3990 applications only) to email@example.com by 21 September 2018.
- Step 3: If your application is succesful, Monash Malaysia staff will provide you with an offer via email which must be accepted by the stated deadline. Information on fees will be enclosed in your offer letter.
- Step 4: If you accept your offer in writing, Monash Malaysia staff will enrol you into the associated unit(s).
- Step 5: Once you have been enrolled, Monash Malaysia staff will send you an email confirming your enrolment into your chosen Monash Malaysia Summer Program unit(s) and will provide you with further instructions on how to register with Monash Abroad.
Non-Malaysian students will require a student pass to study in Malaysia. You are required to submit the following documents stated in the link student pass to facilitate the application for a student pass.
If you are currently undertaking studies at another institution, you may apply to study science summer unit(s) at Monash University Malaysia campus as a cross institutional student (on a non-award basis) from 3 September 2018. Please note enrolments are limited.
- Step 1: Obtain approval from your home institution for the unit(s) you wish to enrol at Monash University Malaysia.
- Step 2: Complete the Cross Institutional Application Form (Summer)
- Step 3: Send the completed Cross Institutional Application Form (Summer) and other relevant documents to the address as stated on the form by:
- 14 September 2018 (non-Malaysian citizens)
- 31 October 2018 (Malaysian citizens)
Non-Malaysian students will require a student pass to study in Malaysia. You are required to submit the following documents stated in the link student pass to facilitate the application for student pass.
You must ensure that you have met the unit prerequisites and approval is dependent on the availability of appropriate supervision and resources. If your application is successful, you will be sent a summer offer letter. Information on fees will be enclosed in the summer offer letter. You must accept the offer by the given deadline stated in the offer letter or else enrolment will be discontinued.
Unit cancellations / Change of unit offerings
Every effort will be made to ensure that the units on offer will run. However, units may be cancelled up to one week prior to commencement date due to unforeseen circumstances. If a unit is cancelled, all students enrolled in it will be advised in writing prior to the commencement date of the summer semester.
Important dates for Science Summer 2018/2019
|Actual census date||5/12/2018||10/12/2018|
|Withdrawn late starts||6/12/2018||11/12/2018|
|Withdrawn late ends||7/1/2019||27/12/2018|
|Withdrawn fail starts||8/1/2019||28/12/2018|
|Withdrawn fail ends||10/2/2019||17/1/2019|
To discontinue your enrolment in a science summer semester unit you must complete an Enrolment Amendment form and return it to the Course Management Office, School of Science (Building 4, Level 8). Please note below the financial and academic penalties of discontinuing your enrolment in a science summer semester unit.
|Last day to discontinue a science summer unit without academic and financial penalty.||Last day to discontinue a science summer unit with academic and financial penalty.|
All summer semester results will be published on 26 February 2019.
Should you require further information about the units offered, please contact the Unit Coordinator or the Course Management Office, School of Science at firstname.lastname@example.org.