FST3800 Food science internship
Dr Lee Yee Ying - FST3800 Unit Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or +603 55159716
|31 March 2023 / 2-3pm||FST3800 briefing (compulsory)||Seminar room (4-8-32)|
|1 April 2023||Application form opens||Application form|
|May 2023||Typhoid vaccination||Pro Medic Clinic, Sunway Pyramid|
|Mid May until mid June 2023||Update application status||Email to: email@example.com|
|1 July 2023||FST3800 enrolment||Enrolment done by Education Management Office|
|1 August 2023||Final update on application status||Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|17 November 2023||Pre-departure briefing (compulsory)||Seminar Room (4-8-32), 10am|
|1 October 2023||Dateline to submit offer letter and proof of vaccination||Enrolment Amendment Form|
|27 November 2023 - 17 February 2024||Internship commence|
How to apply
- Attend the general information session briefing.
- Identify potential food companies/manufacturers that could provide internship training by the month of April. Contact your companies of interest for the internship opportunity. The previous companies' list link is available in the application form.
- Submit the Application Form by listing down the company of your choice and details (name of person in charge, company's full name, and address) including a supporting letter in your application. A supporting letter will be emailed to you within 3 working days after you submitted your application form. Apply 1 to 2 companies at a time and follow up closely on the status of the application.
- Update Unit Coordinator on the application status in May and June 2023.
- Provide a final update on your application by 1 August 2023. If you need help from the school to search for a place for industrial placement, please email the Unit Coordinator. If you choose not to accept the internship, the school will not be responsible for arranging future internships. All the follow-up sessions will be informed via email.
- Email a copy of the offer letter to email@example.com once you receive your offer letter from the company.
- Complete induction quiz.
You are expected to represent Monash University in a manner that does not compromise the integrity, reputation or relationship of the University and the School of Science with the participating companies, in any way.
Submission of biweekly summary
This is a short journal (one paragraph of no more than 300 words) to dictate the activities and experience gained during internship, written and submitted every two weeks.
Meeting with the supervisor (face-to-face or online):
You will be receiving an email from the Education Management Office (EMO) about this meeting in December 2023.
You are required to submit the remaining assessments after completing your internship. Detailed description and timelines can be found on Moodle nearer the internship commencement date.
FST3800 Food Science internship Assessments:
- Induction Quiz (5%)
- This is an induction quiz to be completed within the first week of the internship to familiarise yourself with some common expectation at work.
- Biweekly Summary (Hurdle)
- This is a short journal (one paragraph of no more than 300 words) to dictate the activities and experience gained during internship, written and submitted every two weeks.
- Video Presentation (20%)
- This is a video presentation of no more than 8 min to reflect your internship experience. A detailed description of the assessment can be found in the Moodle page for FST3800.
- Project Report (55%)
- This is an internship written report of no more than 8 pages to reflect your internship experience. A detailed description of the assessment can be found in Moodle page for FST3800
- Employer Assessment (20%)
- This is an assessment done by an employer to assess your performance at the workplace. Employers will be required to fill up the Employer Assessment Form with a shared link using their work email.
What our students say about FST3800
Rate and comment our service here.