SCI3800 Science Internship
Dr. Wan Faridah Akmal Jusoh - SCI3800 Unit Coordinator
Contact details: WanF.AJusoh@monash.edu or +603 55144963
|Date / Time||Activity||Location|
|1 April 2023||EOI opens||SCI3800 EOI|
|12 April 2023||SCI3800 general briefing||TBC|
|1 Sept 2023||SCI3800 enrollment||Web Enrolment System (WES)|
|1 October 2023||Dateline to submit offer letter||Enrolment Amendment Form|
|31 October 2023||EOI closes||-|
|TBC||Pre-departure briefing (compulsory)||TBC|
|20 November 2023||Internship commence|
|02 February 2024||Report submission||SCI3800 Moodle|
|09 February 2024||Video presentation||SCI3800 Moodle|
1. Attend the SCI3800 General information session.
2. You are encouraged to search for potential companies that could provide internship training. Contact your companies of interest for internship opportunities. The company list links are available in the Expression of Interest (EOI) form. Please find the form here.
3. Apply through the Expression of Interest (EOI) form by listing down the company of your choice and details (name of person in charge, company's full name and address, internship task description). Clearly indicate whether a support letter is required for your application.
4. You will receive a notification email and supporting letters (issue based on requests) from the School of Science Education Management Office (within 5 days) upon approval from the Unit Coordinator.
5. Provide a copy of the offer letter to the Unit Coordinator once you received it. Please note that the offer needs to come from the company approved by the Unit Coordinator. If not, you have to repeat Step 3.
6. Enrol in SCI3800 Science Internship via SORS (https://sors.monash.edu.my/sites/student-online-forms) under the Enrollment Amendment Form on 1 September 2023. International students will need to provide a copy of the student pass and the first passport page if you commence the internship in Malaysia.
7. Attend the compulsory pre-departure briefing (date to be confirmed).
8. Complete the induction quiz
You are expected to represent Monash University in a manner that does not compromise the integrity, reputation or relationship of the University and the School of Science with the participating companies, in any way.
Meeting with the supervisor (face-to-face or online):
You will be receiving an email from the Internship Coordinator; Dr. Lee Wai Leng about this.
You are required to submit the remaining assessments after completing your internship. Detailed description and timelines can be found on Moodle nearer the internship commencement date.
SCI3800 Science internship Assessment:
1. Induction quiz (5%)
The quiz will be opened before the start of the internship to test the basic level of practical knowledge and judgement that students need, so students can make the most from the internship in a proper manner.
2. Employment assessment (20%)
Students will be assessed by their immediate supervisors on conduct, attitude, communication skills, competency, and knowledge, among others.
3. Video presentation (20%)
The video presentation assignment is for students to share their personal goals, to reflect on their learning and personal insights that were gained during the internship.
4. Project report (55%)
- In order to meet the academic requirements of the internship, students are required to submit an internship report corresponding to the following requirements and recommendations：
- A brief description/introduction of the company & assigned task
- A brief description of what was learned (knowledge acquired, technical skills acquired, hands-on learning process)
- A brief conclusion of your learning experience during the internship and demonstrate a comprehensive and considered knowledge of the discipline of your internship.
Rate and comment our service here.