- PASS benefits
- PASS Registration and contact details
- Participants feedback
- PASS leader and requirements
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) is for everyone! Whether your grades are top-notch or could use improvement, PASS will help you get the grade you want by reviewing specific course content as well as transferable study skills. PASS is an academic mentoring program of guided study groups.
- The program will commence on week 3 of a teaching semester and last till week 12 of the semester.
- The PASS leader will meet the PASS mentees ONCE A WEEK.
- PASS mentees are required to fix the session day and time with the PASS mentees at both parties convenience so that it won't affect the normal class schedule. It is only 1 hour per session per week.
- Starting from 2020, due to the pandemic, the PASS program has been conducted virtually via zoom.
Think of PASS as super-charged group study! Research shows that students who attend 5 or more PASS sessions achieve better marks than non-participating students.
PASS Program is not offered in October 2021 semester.
Please contact PASS Coordinator- Dr. Michelle Yap (Yap.Michelle@monash.edu) for more information.
Who is PASS leader?
|PASS leader, usually a model student from the higher year, who applies their knowledge and experience to facilitate study support sessions for students in lower levels of study.|
|PASS leaders will be trained by the campus before undertaking the leadership role for the program.|
|PASS leader basically facilitates PASS mentees in understanding, grasping and learning the key concepts of the unit.|
|PASS Leaders assist groups of students in finding their own solutions to problems, by encouraging collaborative discussion and guided questioning. So PASS leader will need to consult the Unit Coordinator, whenever needed, to clarify the key concepts and topics to be re-emphasized. In some circumstances, the Unit Coordinator may provide additional materials for the session|
Selection of PASS Leader:
A PASS leader is:
- Currently studying or have studied the relevant PASS unit - at least completed Year 1 units (or equivalent to 48 credit points): Only open to Year 2, Year 3 or Honours.
- A weighted average mark (WAM) of 60 or more, with distinction or higher distinction for relevant PASS unit(s)
- The PASS leader must be able to commit 1-2 hours per week during the semester to the program.
- The PASS leader demonstrates excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Candidates with previous experience in leading PASS program are welcome to apply.
Benefits of being a PASS Leader:
According to the Monash Graduate Employers Survey, being a PASS leader helps you to develop the skills most highly valued by the employers.
- Employability: empower your CV; develop your transferable skills such as communication, creativity, time management responsibility & interpersonal skills for future employment.
- Leadership: develop effective communication, problem-solving, mentoring skills.; teamwork.; boost your self-confidence as a leader.
- Academic attainment: get to revisit earlier academic materials, sharing of knowledge and understanding.
- Reward & recognition: Get paid as with honorarium.
- Training: Get to attend training organized by the campus.