MBS3800 Medical bioscience internship
Dr. Tan Ji Wei - MBS3800 Unit Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or +603-55146098
|1 March 2023 / 9am-12pm||MBS3800 briefing (compulsory)||Plenary theatre|
|6 March 2023||Preference form opens||Preference form|
|*17 March 2023||Preference form opens||Preference form|
|May 2023 and July 2023||Blood screening and Hepatitis B vaccination||Pro Medic Clinic, Sunway Pyramid|
|1 July 203||MBS3800 enrolment||Enrolment done by Education Management Office|
|Early November 2023||Confirmation of hospital allocation||Email notification|
|Week 12 in Sem 2, 2023 (to be confirmed)||Internship commence|
*For outsource internship placement, please email the hospital details before 17 March 2023 to email@example.com.
How to apply
- Attend a compulsory briefing session on Wednesday, 1st March 2023 from 9 am-12 pm (Plenary Theatre). You will not be allowed to apply for an internship if you fail to attend this briefing session.
- Complete Preference Form to indicate 6 choices of hospital/ laboratory with CV submission (6th March to 17th March 2023). If the number of requests exceeds the allocated places in a particular location, selection will be based on academic results.
- If you outsource your internship placement, please email the hospital details before 17th March 2023 to the internship coordinator, Dr Tan Ji Wei (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Unit Coordinator will check the suitability of the hospital. Upon confirming the internship placement, you will receive a supporting letter within 3 working days. Nevertheless, you will still need to complete Step 2.
- You will receive a notification email on Hepatitis B or booster session details by May 2023. If you miss any sessions, you will need to get the Hepatitis B vaccination at your own cost and show proof of vaccination prior to the MBS3800 enrolment.
- Enrol in MBS3800 Medical Bioscience Internship via SORS (https://sors.monash.edu.my/sites/student-online-forms) under the Enrollment Amendment Form on 1 June 2023. International students will need to provide a copy of the student pass and the first passport page if they commence an internship in Malaysia
- You will receive an email confirmation of hospital allocation tentatively in late October or early November 2023. Change of allocation is not allowed.
- Attend a compulsory pre-departure briefing in Week 12 of Semester 2, 2023 (date to be confirmed).
- Complete induction quiz.
You are expected to represent Monash University in a manner that does not compromise the integrity, reputation or relationship of the University and the School of Science with the participating companies, in any way.
Records your entire internship experience and compile it to be submitted at the end of internship.
Meeting with the supervisor (face-to-face or online):
You will be receiving an email from the Internship Coordinator; Dr Tan Ji Wei about this.
You are required to submit the remaining assessments after completing your internship. Detailed description and timelines can be found on Moodle nearer the internship commencement date.
MBS3800 Medical Bioscience internship Assessment:
- Employer Assessment (20%)
- All internship supervisors will be required to complete an assessment form at the end of the student internship period regarding their overall performance.
- Video presentation (20%)
- The students will be required to record their entire internship experience and submit it as a video presentation at the end of the internship.
- Internship written report (55%)
- The students will be required to write a report at the end of the internship on the types of training they received throughout their internship.
- Internship quiz (5%)
- Before starting their internship, the students will need to take a simple quiz to test their basic knowledge and understanding of internship-related matters.
What our students say about MBS3800?
Rate and comment our service here.