Complaints, appeals and responding to harassment
Do you need help in sorting out a problem? Do you feel you have been treated unfairly by an academic or professional staff member of Monash Malaysia?
Here at Monash Malaysia we take these issues very seriously. We want to ensure that you are treated fairly and respectfully in your dealings with the University.
This page provides information about our student support services, processes for making complaints, your rights of appeal/review and sexual harassment.
Our Student Support Officer can help you
If you need support on any matter outlined on this page, or perhaps just a listening ear, look for our Student Advisory and Support Officer who is located at the Student Experience Office, Building 2, Level 2. Call 03-55144411 (office hours are from 9am - 6pm) or send an email to email@example.com
If you want to make a complaint involving general University services, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other complaints, you should follow these steps:
Monash University students have rights of appeal/review.
For example, you can appeal:
- outcome of disciplinary proceedings on specified grounds against the finding and penalty, or the penalty alone.
- exclusion for unsatisfactory progress if new evidence exists that was not reasonably available to you at the time of the academic progress committee hearing and which had the potential to affect the decision of the committee.
You can also request for a review of marks if you believe an error has been made in the assessment of your work.
The Course Management Office in the School where you study will be able to provide you with information about appeal/review processes.
And you can always ask for advice from the Student Advisory and Support Officer by email at email@example.com or in person at the Student Experience Office, Building 2, Level 2.
Sexual Assault and Harassment
To report any unacceptable behavior that includes sexual assault or harassment please contact our Student Advisory and Support Officer as first point of contact. They are located at the Student Experience Office, Building 2, Level 2. Call 03-55144411 (office hours are from 9am - 6pm) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For immediate help after office hours, contact on-campus security at 03-55146333.
Policies and Procedures
If you need more detailed information, you can consult the following policies and procedures:
- Resolution of Unacceptable Behaviour Procedure
- Student Complaints and Grievances Policy (pdf, 0.06 mb)
- Student Complaints and Grievances Procedures (pdf, 0.15 mb)
- Student Discipline Guidelines (pdf, 0.92 mb)
- University Student Ombudsman Policy
- University Student Ombudsman Procedures
- Unsatisfactory Academic Progress