Orientation marks the beginning of semester for new students and is the official start of the University year. Don’t miss this opportunity to get to know your campus and make some new friends.
We have designed an orientation program that will help you quickly settle into Monash Malaysia and finalise any aspects of your enrolment. During the program we will provide information that will help prepare you for the start of your studies. Join in the activities, ask questions, chat with people and soon you will fit in. Remember, everyone is new, just like you, so don’t be shy.
Activities during Orientation Week
Orientation week contains both academic and social activities. While you are on campus you will be able to:
- learn about the teaching and learning processes at Monash Malaysia
- explore your new surroundings
- pick up details about your course
- attend library orientation
- sign up for a computer account (authcate), class tutorials and lab sessions
- complete the online enrolment questionnaire and update your emergency contact details
- get your student ID card
- find out about student associations and clubs
- meet with your lecturers and other staff members
- get to know other students just before starting your course.
Once your study begins, you will really appreciate the value of these activities as you will feel more prepared for the year ahead.
Contact Student Services for more information about orientation for new students.
The Monash University Student Association (MUSA) and the Monash University Postgraduate Association (MUPA) also organise orientation events to welcome you to Monash University Malaysia.