Master of International Business
KPT/JPT (R2/340/7/0168) 04/22 - MQA/SWA0111
Why study a Master of International Business?
This postgraduate coursework degree offers the opportunity to undertake an academically rigorous and professionally relevant program of study in contemporary international business issues.
Knowledge gained from the course will provide you with the skills to lead your company through the internationalisation process. The program is also relevant for those seeking career advancement in the public, inter-governmental and non-profit sectors and others who wish to extend their skills in the analysis and interpretation of the global business environment.
Areas of study
Core units include:
- accounting and finance for international managers
- international management
- marketing and the international consumer
- international business and theory
- introduction to international economics
- international trade law
- cross-cultural management communication
- international business strategy.
Career opportunities are extensive, including strategy planning and analysis, strategic management, consultancy, international business, and export-import strategy within businesses and industries that have an international focus. Graduates will also be suitably trained for employment by multinational corporations.
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Master of International Business program in the School of Business.
To apply for the Master of International Business program in the School of Business, you must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55 per cent weighted average marks (WAM).
The Master of International Business can be undertaken over:
- 1.5 years (Full Time), 3 years (Part Time) – (Relevant Discipline);
- 2 years (Full Time), 4 years (Part Time) – (Non-relevant Discipline)
In 2018, full tuition fees for this course are:
- RM53,000 for Malaysian students
- RM58,300 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM3,115
- Other countries - RM2,215
Each year, there are two intake periods for the Master of International Business at Monash Malaysia. This means that you can start in February or July.