Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
KPT/JPT (R2/210/8/0016) 03/27 - MQA/SWA0117
Why study a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)?
Our research projects are themed around the visionary idea of a futuristic Smart Hospital with each project contributing to a key aspect of its development. Smart Hospitals of the future will provide a range of intelligent services for inpatient and outpatient care, enable smart efficient training and education of doctors, nurses and general staff. Smart hospitals will embody the Internet of Things and be fully connected to other smart hospitals, patients and stakeholders in real time.
Smart devices will seamlessly monitor patient health, offering early warning and treatment of disease and ill health. Smart hospitals of the future will optimise work flows and communication to reduce human error rates to zero. Future Smart Hospitals will enable state-of-the-art healthcare to be cost effectively deployed anywhere in the world.
This program suits students who wish to pursue an academic career in IT. Depending on the selected research, the award will advance students' careers in:
- artificial Intelligence
- software engineering
- systems analysis
- technology consultancy.
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the PhD program in the School of Information Technology.
To apply for the PhD program in the School of Information Technology, you must have completed:
- a bachelor’s degree, requiring at least four years of full-time study and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours degree class 1 (first-class honours) or class 2A (upper second-class honours) level, or
- a course leading to a master’s preliminary qualification at a level rated by the Monash University Institute of Graduate Research as equivalent to an honours class 1 or 2A degree, or
- a research master’s degree, or
- a master’s degree that entailed work, normally including a significant research component, at least equivalent to an honours degree.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) can be undertaken over four years of full-time or eight years of part-time study.
In 2021, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM42,333 for Malaysian students
- RM46,556 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM3,340 (2 years)
- Other countries - RM2,330 (1 year)
You can apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) throughout the year, subject to availability of supervision.
Make sure that you also find out about: