What is intercampus exchange?
Because you’re already a Monash student, studying at a Monash Australia campus is the easiest way to see the world. As part of the program you will:
- remain enrolled at Monash Malaysia
- continue to receive credit for your overseas study towards your Monash degree and all your units will appear on your academic transcript
- pay your regular fees to Monash Malaysia in Malaysian Ringgit
You can go to
Monash University Malaysia
Melbourne, home to five of Monash campuses, has been consistently named one of the world’s most liveable cities and has also been commended in the first ever QS Best Student Cities survey as Australia’s best city for students.
Find out more about life at Monash Australia.
Matching up your semesters
Semester dates at Monash Australia campus are exactly the same as the semester dates at Monash Malaysia.
What can I study?
As you are aware, Monash is all about choices. We offer over 6,000 units across our campuses for you to select, for example, you may choose to study ‘Australian Indigenous art and design’ or you may prefer ‘Australian government and politics’.
Find out more about study options here.
How much will it cost?
While on Intercampus Exchange, you do not need to pay additional tuition fees. You will continue to pay your regular fees at Monash Malaysia.
Find out more about the financial side of intercampus exchange.
You are not eligible for a Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship.
To be eligible to participate in an intercampus exchange program, you must have:
- completed at least 18 credit points of your course at Monash
- achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60%
- an active enrolment in a Monash undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at any Monash campus
- your overseas study plan approved by your school(s) so that you are able to receive credit towards your degree
- selected units that will ensure you are doing a full time load of on-campus units (18 or 24 credit points)
- been assessed by Monash Abroad as a suitable representative of your home campus
- only one active semester-length overseas study application (i.e. exchange, intercampus exchange, or campus transfer) with Monash for the same study period
- Bachelor of Engineering (single or double degree) students must have completed 48 credit points of Engineering units at time of application.
Other factors to consider
- Please note that Engineering students must submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) to their school and be selected due to the limited slots available before completing the Monash Abroad application form. All applications are subject to Faculty's approval.
- The School of Pharmacy and School of Medicine and Health Sciences have a quota on the number of students from Monash Malaysia who are able to go on intercampus exchange to Australia each semester. Please contact your respective course management offices for more information.
- Some schools may not permit you to undertake overseas study in the final semester of your course, therefore, please check with your course management office before completing your application.
Ready to apply?
Find out more about key dates, eligibility, the nomination and selection process, and how to apply.
What happens after I apply?
You've submitted your application form. What happens next?